Thraex's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 11th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

XR15 Remote is missing the “Replay” button

I just got the new XR15 remote, after spending a few minutes looking over the remote and not finding the 15-second “Replay” button, I started just poking on and around it hoping that it was just relabeled. After not finding it, I looked up an FAQ online that said it was “removed on this remote due to customer feedback, as well as an effort to provide more functionality with fewer buttons.”

Regarding the effort to provide fewer buttons, they kept the lettered A, B, C, and D buttons that were on the XR11 remote (and never used) on the XR15 remote (which they will still never be used), there are four A, B, C, and D letter labeled buttons around the direction pad.

A - Instant access to Help settings. (Settings I rarely need to get to, and can get to easily through the Xfinity button on that rare occasion.)

B - Instant access to Accessibility Settings. (See button A. These are settings I’ll rarely, if ever, need to access, and that can be easily accessed through the Xfinity button and Settings)

C - Launches Sports app and scores. (A button I will never use.)

D - Deletes a single DVR recording or multiple recording in a folder. (Another button I'll never use. Deleting can easily be done and should be done within the recordings list and interface, it doesn’t need a dedicated button)

So, in an effort to provide fewer buttons and more functionality, we have four dedicated, non-customizable buttons on the remote that will rarely, if ever, be used.

As for the one button that was used the most on the XR11 remote? The 15-second rewind-Replay button? It’s gone. Jeez.

I’m guessing that the customer feedback was a survey that asked if people used the replay button, to which people not knowing what it was said “No.”, and the people that do know what it is said, “Yes, all the time, in every show I watch!”. Apparently, the ignorant people who didn't know what the button was for won out over the people who actually use the button.

Here are my three most used functions that could actually benefit from a one-click shortcut button. “Replay”, “Recording List”, “Closed-Captioning On/Off”, but instead, these functions needed and still need multiple button presses to get to, and now the Replay function is nonexistent.

If these A, B, C, D buttons were customizable, and I could program them to my most used functions, things would be better, but dedicating them to rarely, if ever used functions, and removing the most used button on the new XR15 remote, makes the entire remote worthless. I’m going back to the XR11 remote.

Xfinity, if you’re listening, make those A, B, C, D buttons programmable in the settings, otherwise, this XR15 remote is useless.

If anyone knows of a secret or hidden trick to do a 15-second replay with the XR15 remote, please let me know.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Set your remote to 30 second skip, press exit 3 times and 0030. Pg up is 30 seconds ahead and pg down is 15 seconds back.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

What if I did that and decided later to set it back to the default? How would I do that? Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

The default is 5 minutes. Exit 3 times and 0500

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

As a Comcast employee, do you think it’s smart to give help while being condescending?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just tried to so exactly as you said three times, (Press Exit 3 times, then 0030) and no change with my XR-15 remote. Just looking for an answer, not sarcasm. (I'm a former Comcast Employee and I would never have answered a question with a snide comment...shame) I also agree with the original post that the A, B, C, D buttons are nearly worthless. I have only used the D button over the last few years to delete random shows. But it's an insult to people with hearing issues who sometimes need to repeat something said on TV to remove the dedicated replay button. So is there another solution to the above instructions or is there a missing step? Polite help requested.

@CCAndrew wrote:
Set your remote to 30 second skip, press exit 3 times and 0030. Pg up is 30 seconds ahead and pg down is 15 seconds back. A forum search would’ve saved a lot of heartache and typing.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Guilelessart wrote:

Just tried to so exactly as you said three times, (Press Exit 3 times, then 0030) and no change with my XR-15 remote. Just looking for an answer, not sarcasm. (I'm a former Comcast Employee and I would never have answered a question with a snide comment...shame) I also agree with the original post that the A, B, C, D buttons are nearly worthless. I have only used the D button over the last few years to delete random shows. But it's an insult to people with hearing issues who sometimes need to repeat something said on TV to remove the dedicated replay button. So is there another solution to the above instructions or is there a missing step? Polite help requested.

@CCAndrew wrote:
Set your remote to 30 second skip, press exit 3 times and 0030. Pg up is 30 seconds ahead and pg down is 15 seconds back. A forum search would’ve saved a lot of heartache and typing.

the code is right and the skip will change to 30 seconds forward (page up) and 15 seconds back (page down). (approximately).

the screen will appear to look as if it is changing channels. the change is not 'to' the remote it is changing the function in the X1 set top box. the remote must be seen by the set top box to make the change.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hit the voice control and say “instant replay”

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Excellent and accurate post! Letter buttons should have been programmable

I used the 15 sec replay button all the time. Poor survey, now 4 button presses vs 1?  Comcast really blew it on this one. I, too, have gone back to my XR11!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@hchmail wrote:

Excellent and accurate post! Letter buttons should have been programmable

I used the 15 sec replay button all the time. Poor survey, now 4 button presses vs 1?  Comcast really blew it on this one. I, too, have gone back to my XR11!

have you tried setting the set top box page up/page down to 30 seconds and 15 seconds? (exit exit exit 0030). then the page up does the 15 second flash back and page down does the 30 second forward.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I tried the page down button and it goes back 5 minutes. Is there another solution to the 15 second back button - replay?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@jklance wrote:

I tried the page down button and it goes back 5 minutes. Is there another solution to the 15 second back button - replay?

the procedure sets the set top box (not the remote) so any remote using that set top box will have page up = 30 seconds forward and page down 15 seconds back. press quickly exit exit exit 0030 ---- it will look like you are changing the channel hit the exit button to clear that channel change. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I tried this reset and it work great! Thanks for the help.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I totally agree! Instant 15 sec replay, closed caption on/off and seeing the recorded list are my top three as well (besides the basics like on/off and volume).

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Update: I tried the “Press Exit 3 times, then 0030” and that worked!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@JPC66 wrote:

If Exit Exit Exit 0030 doesn't work at first, try Exit Exit Exit 0500 immediately followed by Exit Exit Exit 0030. It worked for me.

remember it is the set top box that is being 'programmed'. if unsuccessful, power unplug the set top box and then plug back in and enter the 0030 code.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here