Community Forum

XR15 Remote connection "Please verify your phone number"

Highlighted
New Poster

XR15 Remote connection "Please verify your phone number"

I got a new box today for my living room. When I went to set it up, I was unable to pair the remote with the box because it was stuck on select a language. I finally got past that and I have no idea how, but now I am stuck on please verify your phone number. It won't let me pair the remote because it won't let me get past the verify the phone number which I can only do if the remote is paired with the box. I have searched and searched for an answer to this and coming up empty. I have been through the entire process including chatting and on the phone with support who said they would call me back and have yet to do so. They were troubleshooting everything but the remote it seems. Is there any way to move past the please verify your phone number without pairing the remote? And if not, is there a way to pair the remote when I don't get any screen with a code to enter. I'm at my wits end.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: XR15 Remote connection "Please verify your phone number"

Please ensure your pointing the remote directly at the TV box and within 10 feet. You need to activate your device before you can rf pair the remote. You can also try unpairing the remote at xfinity.com/unpair and try again.

By chance is your box a 4K wireless box?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!