Rescuecheck's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, March 14th, 2018 7:00 PM

Closed

XG1v4 4k DVR no signal to TV blue screen

Works fine until I switch HDMI input to other source like Xbox or Blu-ray then when I switch back to XG1v4 the TV displays a blue screen. I have to manually disconnect the HDMI cable from the back of the XG1v4 and plug it back in to watch my TV shows. I believe this is being caused by a failed HDCP "handshake" between the XG1v4 and my Samsung KS8500. Since this started happening only after upgrading from the old X1 DVR to the new XG1v4, I have to blame the newest component. I read another post on blue screen issues and laughed when the "service expert" suggested a short with the TV. Please don't insult me like that. And yes, I've already disconnected power and coaxial cable and waited 5 minutes and reconnected and It still does it. I swapped HDMI cords to a high quality cable, and tried different HDMI inputs on the TV. I don't think I should have to "trick" the XG1v4 to re-establish signal with my TV by pulling the HDMI cable every time it blue screens.

What's the solution?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Rescuecheck wrote:
Works fine until I switch HDMI input to other source like Xbox or Blu-ray then when I switch back to XG1v4 the TV displays a blue screen. I have to manually disconnect the HDMI cable from the back of the XG1v4 and plug it back in to watch my TV shows. I believe this is being caused by a failed HDCP "handshake" between the XG1v4 and my Samsung KS8500. Since this started happening only after upgrading from the old X1 DVR to the new XG1v4, I have to blame the newest component. I read another post on blue screen issues and laughed when the "service expert" suggested a short with the TV. Please don't insult me like that. And yes, I've already disconnected power and coaxial cable and waited 5 minutes and reconnected and It still does it. I swapped HDMI cords to a high quality cable, and tried different HDMI inputs on the TV. I don't think I should have to "trick" the XG1v4 to re-establish signal with my TV by pulling the HDMI cable every time it blue screens.

What's the solution?

go into (gear) settings, comcast labs and turn off HDMI link. the set top box will currently work best left fully on 24/7

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

6 years ago

Did this solution work?  Having the same XG1v4 issues with a Samsung TV.   Isn't an issue with the TV...DISH worked fine until three days ago when I switched to Comcast.   Looking for a real solution.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I called tech support and at the same time the blue screen was displayed on my screen the technician noticed a "resolution error" being reported by the XG1v4 4k DVR on his end. After running through other checks he deemed the box needed to be replaced so he sent me a new one. Well, with the replacement XG1v4, I am still experiencing the same exact problem with the blue screen being displayed after switching back from another source to the XG1v4 on my Samsung KS8500. One of the things he had me do was press the "EXIT" button 3 times followed by 1080 (I think this was the command) which resets the resolution on the XG1v4 to 1080i and this removed the blue screen. Although this is not a fix, it makes me wonder if there is a 4k resolution compatability issue with the XG1v4 and my Samsung KS8500. HDMI Link setting was already turned OFF on the replacement box so this isn't a solution. I use a Samsung UHD Blu-ray player, Xbox One, and Android TV box all set to a 2160 4k resolution and no other sources freak out and display a blue screen when switching between inputs. What's going on here?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Rescuecheck wrote:
I called tech support and at the same time the blue screen was displayed on my screen the technician noticed a "resolution error" being reported by the XG1v4 4k DVR on his end. After running through other checks he deemed the box needed to be replaced so he sent me a new one. Well, with the replacement XG1v4, I am still experiencing the same exact problem with the blue screen being displayed after switching back from another source to the XG1v4 on my Samsung KS8500. One of the things he had me do was press the "EXIT" button 3 times followed by 1080 (I think this was the command) which resets the resolution on the XG1v4 to 1080i and this removed the blue screen. Although this is not a fix, it makes me wonder if there is a 4k resolution compatability issue with the XG1v4 and my Samsung KS8500. HDMI Link setting was already turned OFF on the replacement box so this isn't a solution. I use a Samsung UHD Blu-ray player, Xbox One, and Android TV box all set to a 2160 4k resolution and no other sources freak out and display a blue screen when switching between inputs. What's going on here?

What is your Power Saver set to?

Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Device Settings to Power Preferences to Power Saver

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I had already disabled power saving mode on the old XG1v4 because I also suspected the box was going to "sleep" and causing a blue screen. Power saving is also disabled on the replacement box I received. Other customers are reporting this issue with Samsung TV. I don't believe this is an isolated case or a simple menu setting.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I also set the resolution to 1080p to see if the blue screen only happened with 4k resolution. No difference, still have the blue screen after switching HDMI inputs back to the XG1v4. Also confirmed that my TV has the latest firmware and just for the heck or it, reset the TV. After going through two XG1v4 boxes and experiencing the same exact blue screen, I firmly believe this is an issue with the XG1v4 box. Still waiting for an answer from someone at Comcast.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

6 years ago

I fear you're in for a long wait.  I had Comcast back to my house four times over the past two+ weeks.  (I'vew been a customer for 2+ weeks).   So far I have had four techs and one tech supervisor visit.  They have replaced all the wiring they installed twice.  Replaced the XG1v4 once.   Guess what..."It must be your TV sir".   These Techs are all great guys and really want to help, but this issue is well beyond what they can do.   One even showed me a video on YouTube showing the blue screen issue on a Sony TV's.  Wait...I have a Samsung TV dude!   He actually had to look at my TV to realize.   Anyway, this is an issue that a tech wont be able to help with.   Comcast will insist it's not their "equipment", but really they are only checking the grounds, connections, and signal strength.   It is an issue with the XG1v4.   I never had a problem with this TV (which is 2 years old) with Dish Network.   Good luch Rescuecheck!   I'm with you!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the info. In my case I'm 100% sure this is being caused by the XG1v4 since this blue screen issue only started happening after upgrading from the old 1080p X1 DVR. It's the same Samsung KS8500. Went through two XG1v4 boxes and they both created the same blue screen. Comcast needs to get a brand new Samsung 4k TV and hook it up to a brand new XG1v4 and see if they can duplicate and hash this out with a firmware upgrade to the XG1v4. All they need to do is switch input to a different source like a Xbox One and play a game for an hour and then switch back to the XG1v4 input to watch TV and they will for sure be greeted with a blue screen that has nothing to do with a power saving setting, hdmi link setting, bad cables, or house wiring! These techs need to get it together and tell us what the real solution is.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

Hello all,

Could you please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number? I reached out to the engineering team to see if they can find a root cause for the blue screen issue. Thak you in advance!

Official Employee

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

For those responding to ComcastElla it would also be helpful if you could supply a date and time for your last occurance of the issue along with the exact model of the TV and if you're connected directly to the TV or through an AVR. We want to make sure we have as much informtion as possible to help dubug the issue.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

6 years ago

Done.  Thanks  ComcastLeon.

Justin

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Juskray47 - Thank you, I got it and replied back. Please check your inbox. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Justin,
My Samsung model is UN65KS8500, just curious if yours is a KS8500 series?

Thanks,
Saul

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Saul!

It appears my model is a bit different, but very similar!   See below: 

Samsung Model:  UN65KU6290F

Model Code:  UN65KU6290FXZA

Type No:  UN65KU6290

Version:  FA01

The current firmwear version is 1207

Justin

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

same problem been trying to get fixed for over a week. Spoke to Mohammad in Denver office said they were working on it.  nothing to date.  no tv when I try the remote have to unplug the devise and reset eveytime I want to watch tv.  rediculus this isn't resolved by now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here