haatsc's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 16th, 2018 11:00 AM

Closed

X15 Remote won't pair to TV and Sound Bar at the same time

I just got the X15 remote when I upgrade to a 4K box to go with my new TCL-Roku TV.  My problem is in setting up the remote for the TV and sound bar (VIZIO).  The process works fine pairing with the TV.  However as a soon as I add the sound bar, it no longer is paired to the TV.  If I do them in reverse order (sound bar then TV), I loss control of the sound bar.  All I want for the TV is to control On/Off function.  For the sound bar, obviously volume and On/Off.  Any ideas?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@haatsc wrote:

I just got the X15 remote when I upgrade to a 4K box to go with my new TCL-Roku TV.  My problem is in setting up the remote for the TV and sound bar (VIZIO).  The process works fine pairing with the TV.  However as a soon as I add the sound bar, it no longer is paired to the TV.  If I do them in reverse order (sound bar then TV), I loss control of the sound bar.  All I want for the TV is to control On/Off function.  For the sound bar, obviously volume and On/Off.  Any ideas?

the remote first pairs with the set top box (green LED on remote flashes when changing channel for example). the X1 set top box then tries to identify the brand of the attached TV channel and offers to set up the TV to the remote so audio will work and power for the TV will turn off. then the set up routine detects the audio system attached and offers to set that device up (changes audio control to the sound bar or to the receiver) and adds the device to the all power off button. You can usually attach the set top box to the sound bar (HDCP 2.2 connector) and the sound bar to the TV. Then set up the remote. does that sound like it could work for the 'wiring'?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Hi. Did you ever find someone to help with this issue? I'm not sure if that first reply addressed it.  I know that I can only use a digital optical cable with my Vizio sound bar and I'm having the same issue.  Ether the remote will control the TV (also a TCL Roku TV) or the soundbar, but not both. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am having the exact same issue with my tcl Roku tv and a Vizio sound bar. Seem to only be able to control one. As soon as I program the other in. I lose control of the first.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I also have this issue. Tcl 55R617 and a vizio SB2920-C6 sound bar. I've tried all combinations of the listed codes. As soon as I add the second device though, the controler no longer works with the other device.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Jthansen13 wrote:
I also have this issue. Tcl 55R617 and a vizio SB2920-C6 sound bar. I've tried all combinations of the listed codes. As soon as I add the second device though, the controler no longer works with the other device.

it must be done in the exact order the A button 'remote setup' uses. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I think we're doing them in order. The issue is that apparently, with these 2 particular devices (TCL Roku tv + Vizio soundbar) whenever the second device is paired (the soundbar if we follow the order) the first device (tv) is no longer paired. Btw, it will happen regardless of which device is paired first.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same situation. I have a Tcl tv and a Yamaha soundbar that is connected to the tv via optical cable. I can connect and control either one but not both at the same time. Power for tv and volume for soundbar.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Those instructions are fine for pairing the remote to the box and then tv and sound bar to remote. But whenever I pair the second device it disables the first device. Will not let me control tv and volume from soundbar at the same time.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Was a solution to this problem ever found? I have the same issue (TCL tv and Vizio sound bar) when the second code seems to be “overriding” the first code.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

No solution ever found that I’m aware of. Don’t know where else to look.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

None of the answers answer the issue. I have the same problem with the XR15 remote, a TCL Roku TV and Onkyo sound system. I can pair all devices and everything works EXCEPT the power button (top right) will only control the last device paired. Any further possible solutions?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I also would love for this issue to have a fix as I am experiencing it as well... TCL and vizio

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

The remote pictured at this link is NOT the problem remote. The remote pictured works just FINE. It is the XR15-UQ remote that is the problem child. It will NOT control BOTH the TV and sound bar. One or the other. NEVER BOTH. Please help.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

After you press the mute and info button together and get the green LED light, got the skip button when asked if you want to pair your TV remote. Then you are asked if you want to pair an audio device then select your audio device I have a Vizio soundbar and was able to do so. And I'm super technology-challenged!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Brutal is right. 9 months and counting for this thread.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here