vlawde's profile

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

Thursday, July 2nd, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

X1 cloud question

Went down and picked up a 4K DVR today, will hook it up over the next few days. KI asked the girl in the store if there was a way to have our recordings, and more importantly all the shows we have set to record to migrate over to the new box. She said there was a cloud setting that would do both those things and it would be in settings. I'm not finding it anywhere.

Is what I was told true about recordings and shows set to record automatically going to the new box, and if so, how to I make sure this happens?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

use voice command 'device settings'. scroll to bottom and run 'sync DVR'. The dvr settings will move over.

Only the last 60 hours (some markets are 150) of recordings are available after a dvr swap

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

4 years ago

As well as scheduled recordings? I just hit synch, and will again before I physically swap out boxes. Once I synch the new box, all good?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

The sync is for after swap. All the dvr settings, favorites etc are all in the cloud and attached to your account. Normally, all goes smooth
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here