Community Forum

X1 box flashing blue bar on right

Frequent Visitor

X1 box flashing blue bar on right

Usually the box has an aqua colored vertical bar on the right side of our box. Last couple of days I’ve noticed it is blinking a blue color. So last night I unplugged it and it restarted and went back to the solid aqua. Tonight, again, I see it’s flashong blue. What’s going on?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 box flashing blue bar on right

@Mcfeely1 wrote:
Usually the box has an aqua colored vertical bar on the right side of our box. Last couple of days I’ve noticed it is blinking a blue color. So last night I unplugged it and it restarted and went back to the solid aqua. Tonight, again, I see it’s flashong blue. What’s going on?

I have an XG2 with a vertical bar colored.  Are you able to watch TV while the light is blinking?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

You can watch tv fine while it’s blinking
Silver Problem Solver

@Mcfeely1 wrote:
You can watch tv fine while it’s blinking

Hmm. Try unplugging/plugging it back in again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote: ... Try unplugging/plugging it back in again.

The OP says they already tried that, and it only worked overnight. How many times do you think they should repeat this non-fix?

If you don't know the answer to their question, why post?

Official Employee

Hello, when the light flashes this usually means it's doing an update. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!