CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
Deleted recordings hang around for awhile.

Was happening since X1 inception.

Fixed there for a couple months finally.

You should know this. Its posted constantly.

that was fixed in 1.68.06 dated 9/30 of last year. what versions are you running? did you do a "sync DVR' in device settings and they disappeared?

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

6 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
No way has it been fixed for a year.

It stopped happening for me maybe around March?  But yeah, nowhere near a year ago...

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

6 years ago

Thats about right

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

6 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
No way has it been fixed for a year.

I agree.....it has only been fixed for a few months. I dared not say how great it was to have recordings deleted WHEN I deleted them for fear of jinxing it. I have not noticed this happening again YET.  It was one of our biggest issues but not on the technical thread. It was on the Upcoming Updates thread.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

6 years ago

@BeowolfJones wrote:

The Delete problem does seem to be fixed. SO FAR. I sticking with my older box until it craters after hearing about problems with  new boxes. The X1 system has been rather slow at times including some resets that the system has done on it's own lately.  Just more same mo same mo.

I have noticed that the system is slow at times too. Very unresponsive and then freezes but my deletes are working! I have had to  restart the system the old fashioned way by unplugging as I could not get to 'A' to restart and then it behaved properly. 

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

6 years ago

The Delete problem does seem to be fixed. SO FAR. I sticking with my older box until it craters after hearing about problems with  new boxes. The X1 system has been rather slow at times including some resets that the system has done on it's own lately.  Just more same mo same mo.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

What is going on with your system. Very poor for the past 3 days and here I sit with another reboot request the second today? 

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

6 years ago

Hi TeriB !   Yep, X1 is much better than is used to be but still not perfect. I had to turn off autoextend because it was setting all my pre-season football games to record for 4 1/2 hours even though the guide showed the programs as three hours long. Weird ! 

Contributor

• 

204 Messages

6 years ago

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Hi TeriB !   Yep, X1 is much better than is used to be but still not perfect. I had to turn off autoextend because it was setting all my pre-season football games to record for 4 1/2 hours even though the guide showed the programs as three hours long. Weird ! 

Autoextend was made a standard part of the system several month ago. Has it been brought back as a user option?

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

6 years ago

It became on by default, but it remained an option (settings, preferences, general, auto pad recordings). That is, if we're talking about the same thing and not the live sports feature.

Edit: I should have read closer and see you replied to a post about sports, but I still think it was auto pad that was made standard a few months ago and the sports one is on a case by case basis?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

Swap it out, it’s a software fail, it’s toast.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

6 years ago

I recently got a new X1 DVR box.. recently I got this message on the screen, I will describe it so maybe someone will understand what I am talking about:

There is a grey header box with the words "Pace ABL V1.17"

Below the screen is blue with the words

Preparing your box for new software...Please wait.  Your box may automatically reset after this process

DOCSIS status: phy syhcnronization...ok

DOCSIS status: topology resolution in progress...done

DOCSIS status: us parameteres acquisition...ok

DOCSIS status: ranging in progress...done

DOCSIS status: time of day establishment...ok

DOCSIS status: config file download...done

DOCSIS status: registration in progress

DOCSIS status: operational...ok

now this screen stays up for hours upon hours with nothing happening.. of course nothing works while its doing this..

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

6 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@PPNSteve wrote:

I recently got a new X1 DVR box.. recently I got this message on the screen, I will describe it so maybe someone will understand what I am talking about:

There is a grey header box with the words "Pace ABL V1.17"

Below the screen is blue with the words

Preparing your box for new software...Please wait.  Your box may automatically reset after this process

DOCSIS status: phy syhcnronization...ok

DOCSIS status: topology resolution in progress...done

DOCSIS status: us parameteres acquisition...ok

DOCSIS status: ranging in progress...done

DOCSIS status: time of day establishment...ok

DOCSIS status: config file download...done

DOCSIS status: registration in progress

DOCSIS status: operational...ok

now this screen stays up for hours upon hours with nothing happening.. of course nothing works while its doing this..

Did you try pulling the power and plugging it back in?

Yup, and forced resets, etc..  nothing works except waiting til it decides to actually download something (that itself takes 2-3 hours) and then it might not even work, rinse, repeat.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

6 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
Swap it out, it’s a software fail, it’s toast.

tech will be out today, will update on status as it happens

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Make sure limit number of splitter and keep same line of x1 box and small box with just one splitter between them
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here