CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you !!

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Yes i spoke with InDemand today. She fixed it. Finally ! So happy. Thank you so much !

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

8 years ago

adammusic22 -- I spoke with iNDemand who looked into this issue. They said the issue was that channel was stuck in blackout at the headend. They get that changed which would correct your issue. Can you see if that channel is working now? 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

ComcastZach,

We have terrible pixelation and sound/picture cutting in and out. Not too often but when it happens its really bad and we can't even follow a story line or the news or a talk show....live or recorded.  I want to call for a tech to come out but the problem will never rear its ugly head while a tech is in the house...I can guarantee it. What does a tech do to diagnose this problem?

Me and my big mouth....its doing it while I type this

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

8 years ago

sperling3920 -- Apologies for the continual service issues. I've alerted your local Tech Ops leadership to this. They will work to dispatch the right tech to see what we need to do to get this resolved. 

Problem Solver

• 

736 Messages

8 years ago

Hi TerriB,

I apologize for the issue you experiencing with the service. The pixelation and service cutting in and out is a indication of weak signal or no signal. May I ask if you checked all the cable connections in the home and made sure all are tight? The technician will run diagnostics to determine the cause of the issue and fix the issue. 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@ComcastElena wrote:

Hi TerriB,

I apologize for the issue you experiencing with the service. The pixelation and service cutting in and out is a indication of weak signal or no signal. May I ask if you checked all the cable connections in the home and made sure all are tight? The technician will run diagnostics to determine the cause of the issue and fix the issue. 

Yes all the connections are fine. Have had Comcast for a very very long time and X1 since 2014. This pixelation started about a year ago and comes and goes. I guess its time to call for a tech to come out....thanks!

Problem Solver

• 

736 Messages

8 years ago

TerriB,

I have sent you a Private Message to further assist you.

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

My Orioles games still pixelate every game. Multiple techs have been here. Signals are perfect. Could it be a MASN + Comcast backend issue?

Official Employee

• 

11.1K Messages

8 years ago

Following up on this. Was the tech able to help with your issue? 

Problem Solver

• 

736 Messages

8 years ago

Hi adammusic22,

I apologize for the issue you experiencing. May I ask if you experience pixelation on Orioles games only or on multiple shows and channels? 

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

All Standard Definition games via MLB Extra Innings channels.

The two HD channels are good. But we mainly watch Orioles games. They arent always MASN though. But like 95% of games we watch scramble.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

In my case that would not have fixed the problem. I don't know if you are from Comcast or not but that was not how my issue was fixed nor was it the cause of the problem. Thanks anyway

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Try unplugging set box power cord and coax cable for 30 seconds them plug them both back in and box might reset.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

anyone with issues on this thread tried streaming or playback with app/web site of the cloud DVR copy of a recording? is the streaming version also bad?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here