CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm experiencing the same errors, and subsequent display. It goes on to read:

DOCSIS Common download
DOCSIS channel: locked
two way mode: signed on
Waiting for snap trigger

My other products seem to work, but this one HD box.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I was on line with customer service/tech support for nearly 2.5 hours yesterday evening trying to resolve the issue.

They've scheduled a time for a technician to come to my home for Sunday.

Like many of the previous posters, I'm a brand new customer. We received the equipment yesterday and had problems with the HD box the same day. 

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Rick, thanks for the reply.

A follow up question, if I may, if I unplug and reboot my DVR, and the fix works, it is only going to prevent any future recordings from being pixelated and unwatchable, correct?  I am assuming  that the ones already recorded are stuck in whatever quality they were at the time they were recorded?

Michelle

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have had the X1 system with 3 tv's and a DVR for 10 months.  I don't think I have had a week go by without having to reset the box (es) or it simply not working.  I have had technicians out at least 4 times and every time they try something else.  Now I have someone coming out again this week.  My problems are either not cocmmunicating with the DVR or it just freezes up and the whole thing does not work. 

Is this normal?  If so I amthinking of boing back to tht eold system.

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Rick,  I meat to follow up on your first reply to my query.  I think it might be happening on my companion box as well as my main DVR.  Does that change your suggestion to restart my box?

Michelle

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

After recently upgrading to the new X1 equipment, we are consistently having issues with our service.  From a TV perspective we have have spent hours now on the phone trying to fix outages in service. Customer service via phone as been poor at best.  If my husband hadn't called from his business and spoke to his business representative....I am not sure they would have ever stopped passing him from department to department.  I was fortunate enough last time to use the chat function and found someone who really tried to help and was able to reset the system on her side. Unfortunately, yet again tonight we received the RDK - 03032 error message.  We never had to manually reset our old boxes as often as our family room box needs to be reset.  We have intermitent problems with our internet and phone service as well.  We are a wireless household so when we have these types of issues with our Comcast issued router it is extremely frustrating.  I am not sure the lack of reliability in this product is worth the money we spend.  At this time we are considering other alternatives for our needs.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

So again this morning we need to reset our box due to a RDK - 03003 error code.  Is this a bad box?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am seeing intermittent (but frequent) "RDK-03031" errors on my satellite receiver.  Rebooting the satellite seems to resolve the issue for a brief time period, but this happens quite often and the constat rebooting is a real issue.

What can I do to permanently resolve this?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I will try to be as brief and simple as I can about this.

Using the non DVR X1 box.

I bought a new Samsung UHD 4k TV. The best resolution I am getting from any HD channel is 1920x1080 which is standard HD.  Samsung states and I was told by the salesman the tv should upscale to 3840x2160. Now, before you say this is a TV issue… this is what has happened since I bought the TV in December. I took the TV back and it was replaced.  Same issue, so this time I called Samsung tech support.  They sent a repair guy out and they replaced the motherboard. Same issue. I called Tech support back. They say it must be something with the cable box or the signal and that my TV is only upscaling from std def to HD.  I am at a loss.

The tv has a menu option that will show what resolution the screen is at.

I have the setting in the X1 box set to 16:9 1080p and have also tried 16:9 1080i. 

I am hoping someone here as experience the same thing or has a Samsung UHD tv and knows of some setting on configuration that needs to be done for the tv to upscale.  The frustrating thing is that I have a regular Samsung HD tv that cost ¼ of the UHD and produces the same if not better picture than the UHD.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks.

While I understand that there isn't any UHD content availabe other than the Xfinity app or Netflix... shouldn't the TV upscale standard HD to UHD... meaning I should go from 1920x1080 to 3840x2160 via upscale?  At least this is what I am told by Samsung.  They even replaced the mother board because my TV was upscaling.  Blue Ray does get upscaled, netflix UHD does come across as 3840x2160.   Samsung's stance is now that my signal from X1 Box is not HD abd that the TV is only upscaling from std def to HD.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@unoigo wrote:

I will try to be as brief and simple as I can about this.

Using the non DVR X1 box.

I bought a new Samsung UHD 4k TV. The best resolution I am getting from any HD channel is 1920x1080 which is standard HD.  Samsung states and I was told by the salesman the tv should upscale to 3840x2160. Now, before you say this is a TV issue… this is what has happened since I bought the TV in December. I took the TV back and it was replaced.  Same issue, so this time I called Samsung tech support.  They sent a repair guy out and they replaced the motherboard. Same issue. I called Tech support back. They say it must be something with the cable box or the signal and that my TV is only upscaling from std def to HD.  I am at a loss.

The tv has a menu option that will show what resolution the screen is at.

I have the setting in the X1 box set to 16:9 1080p and have also tried 16:9 1080i. 

I am hoping someone here as experience the same thing or has a Samsung UHD tv and knows of some setting on configuration that needs to be done for the tv to upscale.  The frustrating thing is that I have a regular Samsung HD tv that cost ¼ of the UHD and produces the same if not better picture than the UHD.

you won't watch the comcast ultra HD using your x1 box at this time. You have to use the TV's Menu system/apps to get the comcast HD app. Run that app on your television (need ethernet connection) and login using your comcast username/password. The available content will display in that app.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks again.  I guess this is a learning experience more than anything.

All connections are via HDMI (2.0 I believe)

Yes, I did check the X1 stb settings and currently have it on 16:9 1080p... I will try 1080i and see if that helps. 

The picture as is, is good. I guess I was just expecting more since I assumed the upscaling would make a difference,.  My 40" smasung HDTV is just as good as this 55" UHDTV.  The difference does come into play when watching UHD on Netflix though.  Night and day difference compared to standard HD.  Looking forward to more UHD content,

Thanks again!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@unoigo wrote:

Thanks.

While I understand that there isn't any UHD content availabe other than the Xfinity app or Netflix... shouldn't the TV upscale standard HD to UHD... meaning I should go from 1920x1080 to 3840x2160 via upscale?  At least this is what I am told by Samsung.  They even replaced the mother board because my TV was upscaling.  Blue Ray does get upscaled, netflix UHD does come across as 3840x2160.   Samsung's stance is now that my signal from X1 Box is not HD abd that the TV is only upscaling from std def to HD.

I'm presuming you are hooked up via HDMI or component cables and your x1 set top box is set to output 720/1080. To check, verify your connection from the X1 is to your TV or Receiver via HDMI cable or via Composite cables. If you are connecting via coax to your TV from x1 that will not be HD at all but a downmixed SD.

The X1 menu will tell you what HD is sent out via HD capable output ports. Hit the xFinity button>Gear>Device Settings>Video Display>Video Output Resolution. As a TV tech, I'd recommend 1080i if you are hooked up with component cables for video or HDMI. If the TV menu system sees the connection for video at 1080i/p then the X1 set top box is connected properly.

As for up-converting, the TV won't change 'to' 1080*2=3160 it just 'interpolates' the 1080 image to fit doubling lines or perhaps doing some math-based combining of adjacent lines to create the extra line. That isn't part of the X1 STB's job at all.

(note: there is no difference in the amount of data in 1080i and 1080p, no matter what your digital TV receives it converts it to an internal 'progressive' image to display. the question is which device has the most efficient converter/scaler and for your top of the line TV i'm guessing that your TV is the hands down processor of video winner). Let us know how you like the ultra-HD.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

ANY ONE HAVE RESOLUTION FOR ERROR CODE XRE-000110

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

@tommyboo wrote:

ANY ONE HAVE RESOLUTION FOR ERROR CODE XRE-000110

Please see the link below.  Do you have a box that's not plugged in?  It seems your box with the 110 error is not able to see another box on the MoCA network.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-00110-it-appears-that-your-dvr-is-not-plugged-in/

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here