CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I am having the same problems on the three boxes I am setting up.   The main one works fine but the message continues to show on the three other televisions that are hooked up with the new boxes.   Would love an answer as well.

I'm in the Portland metro area.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Gotpizza - That is what I have been trying to tell Comcast.  I know I haven't been the only person in my neighborhood with similar problems.  And either the field technicians are clueless about neighborhood problems or have been advised not to talk about them, so that each customer is dealt with as if they are the only one with trouble.  Apparently it is cheaper for Comcast to deal with infrastructure issues with more level-1 customer support than to upgrade localized network infrastructure.

Its sad, but unless a problem is major I just don't have the time to call Comcast for every problem.  So I find an alternative for an hour or two and hope for the best.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

9 years ago

@hwaldron2 wrote:

Gotpizza - That is what I have been trying to tell Comcast.  I know I haven't been the only person in my neighborhood with similar problems.  And either the field technicians are clueless about neighborhood problems or have been advised not to talk about them, so that each customer is dealt with as if they are the only one with trouble.  Apparently it is cheaper for Comcast to deal with infrastructure issues with more level-1 customer support than to upgrade localized network infrastructure.

Its sad, but unless a problem is major I just don't have the time to call Comcast for every problem.  So I find an alternative for an hour or two and hope for the best.

You have to understand that new infrastructure is not cheap to maintain, and improve. I suggest that the next time you get a visit, you ask for the field tech supervisors phone number. Maybe then you can get some clarity as what the long term plan is for improving the network you are on in your area. There could very well be an action plan by the construction dept to do some upgrading, if that is indeed the issue.

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

@hertzb207 wrote:

I have had service for a month with recurring unresolved issues. I have an X1 record anywhere box CC S/N pkkzngmtt Serial No. PAD2001129364. I also have a second box in another room. Problems are happening with both boxes. 

1. When watching tv i will randomly receive a msg that tells me to make sure my set top box is powered on 

2. My remote has a major delay when i push any button

3. Will receive a message saying "missing recordings?" After i unplug and plug in again the problem only temporarily resolves

4. My dvr recordings will only play the first few minutes of the program (again, this happens randomly but more often then not)

5. When i hit search on X1 box i am unable to access the manual type in with letters and numbers, my other box allows me to manually type in the search field

PLEASE HELP

Hello hertzb207.  I'm sorry to hear of your troubles!  I have pulled your set top and account information and sent them to the X1 team to triage.  As soon as we know more I'll let you know.  Thanks very much for your patience!

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

@hertzb207 wrote:

I have had service for a month with recurring unresolved issues. I have an X1 record anywhere box CC S/N pkkzngmtt Serial No. PAD2001129364. I also have a second box in another room. Problems are happening with both boxes. 

1. When watching tv i will randomly receive a msg that tells me to make sure my set top box is powered on 

2. My remote has a major delay when i push any button

3. Will receive a message saying "missing recordings?" After i unplug and plug in again the problem only temporarily resolves

4. My dvr recordings will only play the first few minutes of the program (again, this happens randomly but more often then not)

5. When i hit search on X1 box i am unable to access the manual type in with letters and numbers, my other box allows me to manually type in the search field

PLEASE HELP

hertzb207, I also just noticed that you have an XB3 gateway in your house for internet access.  I just disabled the MoCA interface in that unit as it could be causing some of your issues with DVR services and missing recordings.  As for your remote delays, are you seeing this on your DVR or smaller RNG150 box?  Thanks, Neal

Contributor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

We have had problems ever since we got X1.

A tech came out, said there was shielding loose inside one of the coaxial cable connectors. He removed it, checked signal level and all was fine.

Once since the box started giving the usual can't connect to X1 platform  the XRE-00051 and XDK03032 errors etc.

Today it happened again, but now on 2 of 3 TV's using the X1 platform.

We have a lot of TV's (7 in use out of 10 connections). The original installation tech added a powered Antronix amp and said that was enough for the entire house.

The second tech who fixed the issue (for the most part) with the great room X1 box (shielding found in coaxial connnector and removed) said the (internet) signal levels were fine. when I asked, He checked it from the problem TV (in the great room).

Since then the great room cable box X1 platform has been working well most of the time. We had one other issue prior to today.

Tech tidbits:

Upstream was 44 db or so. (note at cable modem it is 49 / 50 ish which is borderline, although our internet is working well, only our TV service is experiencing issues, no doubt the signals are too weak for the X1 platform - the original installation tech unbeknownst to us - found out hours after the install when we finally had a chance to sit down - that he had swapped the troublesome X1 box out for a standard HD box, which incidentally never had issues - no doubt since it is more forgiving when it comes to the signal strength and signal quality required).

The temperature right now is about 15 degrees Fahrenheit at the moment, if it matters.

ComcastNeal can you please remotely check the signals on our 3 X1 boxes please?

Also we have 3 X1 boxes, whereas the My Account screen shows a 4th X1 box at the moment and does not show the 4 HD digital adapters .that we have for the other 4 sets.

The Android app is not showing any of my boxes or adapters at the moment.

Is there an issue with the local or regional Comcast servers?

The master bedroom X1 box has always been perfect.

This to me signifies that we still have signal level issues in the house despite the most recent tech visit.

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

Hertzb207 was your experience better last night after I made changes?

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

As soon as I get to the office I'll take a look. Any chance you can send the model number of the amp you're using now? It will be very helpful. Thanks, Neal

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

error code rdk-03007 I just paid my bill internet and phone are working how do i get my set top box active again

New Poster

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Have the same issues but have been told to just keep resetting box.  When I asked how often that should be done, I was told "as often as it needed"  Thanks a lot.,  And of course it always happens when wanting to start watching something,  Then the guide doesn't come up.  Can't change channels, possibly a portion of the guide comes up, but doesn't help.  Audio goes out.  Being told there are no problems in the area, oh there is an outage in your area after being on the phone for an hour.  Really tired of it.

Contributor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

@ComcastNeal wrote:
As soon as I get to the office I'll take a look. Any chance you can send the model number of the amp you're using now? It will be very helpful. Thanks, Neal

Thanks Neal.

I had originally posted in another thread (relatively new customer) before finding this 'technical issues' thread.

I was able to get it resolved with a Commscope 8 + 1 port amp.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/SOLVED-amp-X1-not-working-on-2-of-3-HD-boxes-Signal-level-check/td-p/2449307

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I signed up for X! about two months ago.  I have a DVR anywhere box that works great.  The problem is with the Second Jerrod 150 box that I have upstairs. 

Two weeks ago I turned it on and the box read "Welcome to Xfinity X1, Loading will take a few minutes." Twenty minutes later still no picture.  I called tech support and after running me through fifteen minutes of the stuff I already did, they had me do a cold reboot.  The screen now read "V 1.43 Pace PR150BNM syscoder loader.  The ATSB needs to download new software.  This could take a few minutes..." 

Even the on phone tech support couldn't get it to work until he wiped the whole box and reloaded the old code.  It worked great for two weeks...

Last night at 2245, I turned the TV on again to go through the same experience, same message.  After twenty minutes I called tech support.  After 45 more minutes, according to the on phone support, they couldn't get the box to acknowledge them and said I had to wait for level 2 support to call me.  They specified that I would be called between 0900 and 1200 today.  This morning, same "Blue Screen of Death,"  but no call from Level 2 Support.  After waiting until 1210, I call them, sat on hold for 40 minutes, and was told there was "no record of my call last night," but they could not get it tthe set top box to work either. 

So far, I have spent five hours either on the phone or waiting for tech support they scheduled, but their solution was to send a technician out in two days during the day (Gee, I work for a living but what the heck).    When I complained I was told "We have 20,000,000 customers, we can't do everything when you want it done.".  Not really what I wanted to hear since it seemed to indicate a belief of "Tough it out, there is nothing you can do about it and you have to pay us anyway."

Question 1, Is there an easier solution that can be applied?  I do not want to go through this every two weeks. 

Question 2, Is this an inherent fault in all Jerrold PR150 boxes or is it limited to mine? 

Question 3, Why can't I find the documents for the Jerrold box on the Xfinity website.   

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

9 years ago

Question 1, Is there an easier solution that can be applied? I do not want to go through this every two weeks.
Question 2, Is this an inherent fault in all Jerrold PR150 boxes or is it limited to mine?
Question 3, Why can't I find the documents for the Jerrold box on the Xfinity website.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Question 1.  Wish someone had figured that out two weeks ago or even last night. It would have saved a lot of aggravation

Question 2.  If it's happened, how come no one on the XFinity phone service was ever aware of any probelm with the unit.

Question 3.  I don't make it up.  The equipment list that comes on when I log in to my account specifically identifies the unit as "JERROLD/GI PR150BNM"

Valued Contributor

• 

414 Messages

9 years ago

@KBond52 wrote:

I signed up for X! about two months ago.  I have a DVR anywhere box that works great.  The problem is with the Second Jerrod 150 box that I have upstairs. 

Two weeks ago I turned it on and the box read "Welcome to Xfinity X1, Loading will take a few minutes." Twenty minutes later still no picture.  I called tech support and after running me through fifteen minutes of the stuff I already did, they had me do a cold reboot.  The screen now read "V 1.43 Pace PR150BNM syscoder loader.  The ATSB needs to download new software.  This could take a few minutes..." 

Even the on phone tech support couldn't get it to work until he wiped the whole box and reloaded the old code.  It worked great for two weeks...

Last night at 2245, I turned the TV on again to go through the same experience, same message.  After twenty minutes I called tech support.  After 45 more minutes, according to the on phone support, they couldn't get the box to acknowledge them and said I had to wait for level 2 support to call me.  They specified that I would be called between 0900 and 1200 today.  This morning, same "Blue Screen of Death,"  but no call from Level 2 Support.  After waiting until 1210, I call them, sat on hold for 40 minutes, and was told there was "no record of my call last night," but they could not get it tthe set top box to work either. 

So far, I have spent five hours either on the phone or waiting for tech support they scheduled, but their solution was to send a technician out in two days during the day (Gee, I work for a living but what the heck).    When I complained I was told "We have 20,000,000 customers, we can't do everything when you want it done.".  Not really what I wanted to hear since it seemed to indicate a belief of "Tough it out, there is nothing you can do about it and you have to pay us anyway."

Question 1, Is there an easier solution that can be applied?  I do not want to go through this every two weeks. 

Question 2, Is this an inherent fault in all Jerrold PR150 boxes or is it limited to mine? 

Hi KBond52.  I'm very sorry to hear that your box has entered what we call "ABL Mode."  I'm pushing the latest firmware build to it right now.  It should reboot within the hour and begin to work again as normal.  As for the "Jerrold" issue, sometime boxes are put into inventory and mislabled.  I'll work to get this fixed for you and have it labeled as a Pace box.  Sorry for the confusion!  Also, I'd be happy to help setup a time for a tech visit for you if you'd like to swap the RNG150 box out for a new one.  Please let me know your availablity this week and I'll get something setup for you!  Thanks very much for your patience!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here