Spurffel's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, September 28th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

X1 DVR 64% Full Only 6 Movies

Wish I could attach an image but my DVR is showing 64% full after only 6 recordings (kids movies). Nothing in the recently deleted.
Filter: "All"
Recored On: "All Devices"
I'm new to xfinity but I don't understand this. Thought the DVR storage was supposed to be much greater. Any advice?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Spurffel wrote:
Wish I could attach an image but my DVR is showing 64% full after only 6 recordings (kids movies). Nothing in the recently deleted.
Filter: "All"
Recored On: "All Devices"
I'm new to xfinity but I don't understand this. Thought the DVR storage was supposed to be much greater. Any advice?

do you have (what is the model) a physical XG1 DVR installed and working in your home?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

xG2v2-p
It's a black Box with a blue light on the front right corner. I just signed up for xfinity service last week.

I don't even have 18 hrs recorded… so I don't understand how I could be at 64% if I'm given 60 hrs. And no they are not local channel recordings. Any help is genuinely appreciated. I switched from Dish which had a ton of recording space and I'm confused.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

This explains the cloud DVR service:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs

You can swap the box with one that has a physical hard drive for local storage.  Depending on your plan and whether you already have a dvr fee you might or might not have to pay more.  If you have a 4k tv you might want the xg1v4 anyway.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I'm fine if it's cloud service but according to the link I should be getting 60 hours and it looks like I'm getting less than 30

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you. The link says the one I have the XG2 is in fact a DVR and should be giving me 60 hours HD... but it's not.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

You may want to double check that you’re not paying for a dvr or what service you are paying for and not getting it. I’m not sure what link you’re looking at but an XG2 is not a physical dvr

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I'm fine if it's not a physical DVR... what is perplexing me is that even if it's a cloud based DVR why am I not getting the full 60 hours that cloud based DVRs are supposed to have? I'm barely getting 30.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

As a wild guess, I'd say that is an estimate that is somehow incorrect and you won't really know until you actually hit the end of your space.  

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks… it's just frustrating because I have 6 recordings of two hour kids movies and it's saying I'm at nearly 90% full.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

You also might want to swap for a real DVR box - or at least find out if you would have to pay more.  If you are near an xfinity store they should give you one with 30 days to return the one you have.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi  Spurffel, thank you for posting on our Forums.  I am going to close this post at this time but if you are still in need of assistance, please feel free to reach back out and create another post.

Thank you

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here