bjan's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Why are comcast employees totally unaware that x1 boxes have internal internet modens?

Comcast employees are unaware that x1 boxes have internal internet modems
X1 boxes hav an internal modem, so if your internet is out, and you try to change the channel on your tv, you get "Error RDK-03033" when trying to change the channel.

I have not found one person at comcast who knows this!  I have been dealing with intermittent internet outage issues over the last few months, and everyone, including the technician who came to my house today, and all the online and phone support people, try to contradict me when I tell them this.  Everyone is always trying to reset my modem to supposedly solve issues that are affecting both my modem and my x1 boxes. It appears comcast has simply not communicated to its staff that the mantra "your internet and tv service are separate" does not apply any more. I really do not understand how this could be true with x1 boxes being around for years now.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Depending on the model of the box, the X1 boxes do rely on the internet. That internal modem relies on the same signal that your modem uses. And not all X1 boxes have an internal modem.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

4 years ago

Does the Arris XG1v4 have one?  Does it have a hard drive or SSD?  What is the purpose of the ethernet port on the XG1v4 ?   My boss tried connecting the ethernet port to the router, and it caused the box to fail to boot at 3AM when it rebooted.  Trying to enlighten myself.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Davenlr wrote:

Does the Arris XG1v4 have one?  Does it have a hard drive or SSD?  What is the purpose of the ethernet port on the XG1v4 ?   My boss tried connecting the ethernet port to the router, and it caused the box to fail to boot at 3AM when it rebooted.  Trying to enlighten myself.

the ethernet cable is not enabled for use on the Xg1v4. It has an SSD drive. like all hubs, it has a DOCSIS modem.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I had rdk 03033 error problem, one rep told me it was the TV box, another told me it was the modem, both told me to finger tight all connections. None cleared the trouble.
What I winded up doing was change the two splitters and the one that was under the house was apparently fried. My signal went from 1 bar to 5 on my cable TV settings.
No more rdk 03033 code, no freezes, pixelations and no wifi lost. So far so good.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here