Community Forum

Volume controls not working

Highlighted
New Poster

Volume controls not working

Hello! My Xfinity xr15 remote isn't working. When I press down on either the volume controls or mute button, the light just turns red. It is not low battery because the remote control is at 96%. I have tried resetting the tv box and re pairing the remote but it doesn't work. Everything else like channels and buttons do work. The volume only works if I use another remote that is not meant for X1 but changing TV input. My xfinity tv is updated too. Please help

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Volume controls not working

Did you try unpairing and then repairing to see if that solves it?  If its the XR15 press and hold the A + D Buttons for 3 seconds and then LED lights should flash.  After that enter 981 on the remote to factory reset it.    To repair, press the Xfinity and info buttons for 3 seconds and then follow the on-screen instructions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I have reset my remote 3 or 4 times for my TV and once I turn the TV off and back on the volume buttons again do not work
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @Bmr1703, thanks for reaching out about this volume control issue you're running into. We would be more than happy to help! Just to confirm, can you please verify the model of your remote? Also to confirm, if you do have an XR15 remote, the repairing instructions @ComcastChad posted did not help to resolve this issue on your end? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!