rmcgraw17's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, August 4th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Voice control not working xfinity xr15

I have a new Samsung smart tv. All remote control functions are working except for voice control. Comcast already sent me another remote, the xr11, as they thought the other one was faulty. Neither one works.   The voice control setting on the tv is set to ON. I have done a factory reset, checked the batteries and successfully paired the remote by pressing the xfinity and I buttons followed by the provided 5 digit code. This pairs the remote but not voice control. I have also pressed the xfinity and mute buttons to get the green light but then no further instructions or 3 digit code appear. I have also rebooted the tv box. Any suggestions?   Comcast customer service has not been able to fix the problem. 

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

EASY SOLUTION AND SUGGESTION!! It was never the remote or user error, it was a faulty box. Save yourself a lot of time and frustration if you are only able to pair the remote to control volume, channels, etc but not the voice control function. It is most likely a faulty box which was my issue. I was never provided with a 3 digit code which pairs the voice control, I was only given the 5 digit code which pairs the other remote functions. With a properly working box you will first be instructed to press the Xfinity and Info (i) buttons until the light turns green. At that point a 3 digit code will be provided. This was not happening with my first box and yes, I very carefully followed the instructions, it was not user error. As such I was unable to pair the voice control function. Once you have completed this step you will then be prompted to press the Xfinity and Mute bottom, red light turns green and you will be provided it’s a 5 digit code to control volume, etc. So simple when you have properly working equipment! Hope this helps anyone experiencing this issue.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s Xfinity and Info button to pair to the cable box
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

The remote is already successfully paired with the cable box. It is the voice control function that is not working.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@rmcgraw17 wrote:
The remote is already successfully paired with the cable box. It is the voice control function that is not working.

when you press the microphone button, what color(s) does the LED on the remote control flash?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

The light is red, no flashing

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@rmcgraw17 wrote:
The light is red, no flashing

you may have a bad remote. the microphone button should never 'flash' red as it is an RF only function. when you press the xfinity button does it also flash red? is this an xr11 or xr15 remote?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

xr15 came with the new cable box, all remote functions work except for voice control. Then they sent me a xr11 as they thought the xr15 was not working. Same problem with the xr11, all remote functions works except for voice control. When I press the xfinity button it shows red , however, ALL of the xfinity functions work including On Demand, etc. so the red light has nothing to do with the functionality of the xfinity button.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@rmcgraw17 wrote:
xr15 came with the new cable box, all remote functions work except for voice control. Then they sent me a xr11 as they thought the xr15 was not working. Same problem with the xr11, all remote functions works except for voice control. When I press the xfinity button it shows red , however, ALL of the xfinity functions work including On Demand, etc. so the red light has nothing to do with the functionality of the xfinity button.

it does show that the remote(s) are not yet RF linked to allow aim anywhere and use voice remote. press the A button on the remote (s) and follow the directions. each set top box allows up to 5 remotes to be RF paired to a set top box. working with voice after the A button set up?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

That didn’t work for either the xr 11 or 15 remote. It appears there is an issue with the RF pairing. Could there be an issue with the cable box? It is a new box model PX022ANM.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@rmcgraw17 wrote:
That didn’t work for either the xr 11 or 15 remote. It appears there is an issue with the RF pairing. Could there be an issue with the cable box? It is a new box model PX022ANM.

press the A button on the xr11 remote. go to remote setup. follow the directions on the screen. did it pair to the set top box? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

If the 3 digit code doesn’t appear, than the box and remote aren’t paired at all. You can control the functions of the cable box without the remote being paired, just no voice functions. Hold the remote right up to the box and try again. At this point, it’s the box or remote or user error.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I tried all day with the same problem!  I just tried your method of trying to pair right next to box and it worked!!!! Thank you!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

As I previously indicated both remotes pair with the cable box for all functions except the voice control. From what I’ve read the aim anywhere has to be activated and that appears to be what the issue is. I have followed all of the instructions to try to bring up the screen where it allows you to put in a three digit code for that function, no such screen comes up regardless of what procedures I have followed. Once again both remotes pair with the cable box for all other functions, it is the voice control that is not working regardless of the remote or any of the procedures I have tried

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@rmcgraw17 , same thing going on with me. What was your final answer  to the problem??

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Picking up new cable box and remote tomorrow. Xfinity confirmed it is not user error but either the remote or box is faulty.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had the same issue with XFinity voice remote. the 3 digit code kept appearing on the main TV only. I fixed the problem by restarting the system, i.e., the update that starts with "Welcome" etc. The code then appeared on the correct TV and voice control is now functional.
One important note: The remote was paired with the TV except the voice control function. Functions worked that could only work with the set top box paired. The "volume" control and "on"and "off" may work if the remote is not paired but functions that can only work if the set top box is paired like "record ",  "info" and "guide" worked BEFORE the voice control feature was paired so it is incorrect to say, at least in all circumstances that the absence of the 3 digit code means the remote is not paired.

Also, the Xfinity pairing instructions very clearly indicate the voice remote pairing is a separate step. You can choose NOT to pair the voice remote feature.
Hope this helps anyone with this issue!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How did you get it back to reset?  Get it back to "Welcom" screen.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here