jtdatagal11's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Monday, February 22nd, 2021 3:00 PM

Closed

Voice Caller ID Banner on TV

Snce upgrading to an X1 box last week I no loner have the CallerID banner being displayed on my TV when a Voice call comes in.

I just spent close to 2 hours on chat with support.  Near the end of the chat, he ran a test which displayed a call from Comcast on my screen, so we thought the issue was resoolved.  Later in the day a call came in and no banner was displayed.  So the question is ...

Why would a test call from Comcast display the banner correctly, but a regular call does not display at all?  And how can I get this fixed?  If I do the chat thing again it will probably just eat up more time with the same result.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

3 years ago

I am not sure why only the Comcast number shows (is it possible that other 800 numbers show?) but I would definitely like to look into this; you mentioned that the box had been changed, was the rest of the package on the account changed as well? 

Please click on my handle (ComcastGina) and "Send a message" with your name and service address, and let us know! We want to get this taken care of for you! 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Thank you so much for reaching out to our Digital Care Team with your Caller ID concerns. We're happy to know we were able to resolve your concerns. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if any other questions or concerns come up in the future. Our team is available here 24/7 and always happy to help! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

I too have this same issue. Called Comcast, and like your situation their number shows up just fine, and as a test I called our house phone from my cell, no banner. I told the customer service person no go for banner display. Still no answer as to this issue. Hope it gets fixed soon. The only thing that changed was that our "old" VOIP modem ceased to work (no dial tone). They replaced it with a Comcast combo wifi/voice modem router, which is only being used for the phone feature. Model is Xfifnity XB3. It has a default SSID & password, but when I check the router/modem I get COMCAST1 and eight numerical digits as the password. Maybe I need to do a reset back to defaults??

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here