EBernard's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, December 12th, 2019 10:00 AM

Closed

Vizio sound bar pairing

When I go through the pairing wizard I am able to pair my TV to my remote. When I select Vizio as my sound bar a message pops up saying “unfortunately pairing isn’t working. Please try again later. “ If I pick another brand it will attempt to pair.
I previously paired the Vizio on my last remote. Both remotes were XR15 remotes.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for the response.
The issue is not the remote, it is the setup software Comcast is using. The new version of the software does not allow you to put in a pairing code. When setting up a new remote there are 3 steps that are proformed.
1) The pairing of the remote to the Xfinity box. In this step it ask you to enter a 3 digit code you see on the screen.
2) The next step is pairing the remote to the TV. Here you are asked to select your TV brand. The software then has you test the remote until it finds a pairing that works. I am assuming the software is getting pairing codes from a table that is maintained by Comcast staff. Once this is complete it goes to the final step.
3) It asks if you want to pair the remote with an AV/Other system. This is were you would pair the sound bar. Again it will ask you for the brand of your equipment. Here I select Vizio. Instead of going into the testing mode it produces the message that it cannot pair at this time. My assumption here is the pairing codes for Vizio is not in the table.
I have the pairing code that I used when the setup used to ask for the codes, it is 11144. Since it worked previously with a XR15 remote it should still work, but there is now no were for you to  enter a code.
Anyone have a solution for this issue?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

How long ago did you do that pairing?
The procedure I am describing seems to be using newer software that does not allow the entering of pairing codes.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

RobertWy thank you. This worked!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here