EdS1968's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, October 8th, 2020 6:00 PM

Closed

Two Satellite Boxes went out at the same time! Code RDK-03036

Got a question for you Guru's! I have X1 service with one main DVR box and two satellite boxes. The main line from outside comes into a amp, which goes to a splitter and then out to all 3 TV's and the Wifi router.

The main DVR box works fine as well as the Wifi Router. The two satellite boxes both went out last week at trhe same time. I exchanged them after being online with a tech for an hour who said they both were bad and thought it was a bad software glitch.

Installed them both and worked great for 5 days, now same thing, both went out at the same time.

Each TV has a direct coax off of the splitter...I tried re-arranging them on the splitter thinking part of the splitter went bad but no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks-Ed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@EdS1968 wrote:

Got a question for you Guru's! I have X1 service with one main DVR box and two satellite boxes. The main line from outside comes into a amp, which goes to a splitter and then out to all 3 TV's and the Wifi router.

The main DVR box works fine as well as the Wifi Router. The two satellite boxes both went out last week at trhe same time. I exchanged them after being online with a tech for an hour who said they both were bad and thought it was a bad software glitch.

Installed them both and worked great for 5 days, now same thing, both went out at the same time.

Each TV has a direct coax off of the splitter...I tried re-arranging them on the splitter thinking part of the splitter went bad but no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks-Ed

the small boxes (xid/xi3) need an xg2 (best) or DVR to use their tuners. the connection between them is called MoCA (data over coax). would you reboot your DVR? do you have a DVR and an Xg2?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your help...Yes, I did a full reboot of the DVR box (Along with the satellete boxes)  a few times with no luck! I was wondering if maybe that box is the issue but I have no idea if and how they work with each other.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@EdS1968 wrote:

Thank you for your help...Yes, I did a full reboot of the DVR box (Along with the satellete boxes)  a few times with no luck! I was wondering if maybe that box is the issue but I have no idea if and how they work with each other.

is the TV set top box working at the DVR?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, the DVR box works fine! No issues there! 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@EdS1968 wrote:

Yes, the DVR box works fine! No issues there! 

what may have changed since it was working? installed anything new to the system/wiring?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

It just started on both boxes at the same time.  They are not connected at all except on a splitter which I changed thinking it could be the cause. So then I took both boxes in for exchange. Worked great for a short time, then both boxes started acting up again. I tried a new amp too, no luck.

I'm guessing the Main DVR is the cause because I think I've eliminated eveything on the inside of the house except for the DVR.

I actually waived the white flag and have a Xfinity tech coming tomorrow to look at it. I appreciate your help...I'll let you know what they find!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

You have an amp and a splitter?

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, I have a MRA1-15 Amp (+15dB) and a splitter. I replaced the splitter and I borrowed an amp from a buddy and tried it. Didn't help.

The amp I borrowed was a MRA4-8 and I by-passed the splitter. Didn't help either!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Are all your boxes behind the amp? If there’s not a wiring issue, I’d look towards swapping the main box as a start of troubleshooting. Something stopped moca from communicating between boxes

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, the Amp goes into a splitter and then all 3 TV's and the router all sperate out from there individually.  I'm no expert but I believe it's an issue with the main box as well...thanks!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for all the help. Replaced the main DVR box and it fixed the issue! Appreciate the help! Cheers!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here