jaydub222's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, February 2nd, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Three Way Splitter for Internet, XG1 and XG2

Will a 3-way splitter work to provide adequate signals to my internet modem, one XG1 box and one XG2 box.  A person at the comcast store said that only a 2-way splitter will work for internet and XG1; that the XG2 will require a tech to come out and install a second line.  Is this true?  If a 3-way splitter will work signal wise, would I be able to activate the XG2 or will Comcast realize what's going on an deny activation?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

A 3 way splitter will work just fine

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks.  Why would the comcast store person tell me otherwise?  Also, if I do use a 3-way splitter, will I be able to activate both boxes?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@jaydub222 wrote:

Thanks.  Why would the comcast store person tell me otherwise?  Also, if I do use a 3-way splitter, will I be able to activate both boxes?

splitters have no effect on activations. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@jaydub22
Not all CSR’s understand the technical side of things (just as techs don’t get involved with the billing side). If you have everything hooked up to live cable outlets, you should be good

Contributor

• 

261 Messages

4 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
@jaydub22
Not all CSR’s understand the technical side of things...

I once (this was several years ago) had a CSR tell me that I couldn't connect an STB to a modulator and watch it on another channel on my TV. She went back to the warehouse to ask a tech. I left wondering how I could have been doing that for the previous 3 or 4 years.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here