Community Forum

Someone else’s recordings showing on my account!

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Someone else’s recordings showing on my account!

This is the second time this has happened in the last two months. Out of nowhere, my DVR (both on the physical box and Stream App) is showing somebody else's recordings.  My box is now flooded with shows that recorded days ago, which were not there this morning.

Clearly something is mixed-up as these have no series recordings and suddenly appeared tonight after I did a SYSTEM REFRESH. 

1. Online in STREAM only shows somebody else DVR recordings and scheduled recordings. None of my scheduled recordings or recorings are showing.

2. On my DVR this other person's recordings and scheduled recordings are MERGED with my stuff on the box.

3. None of the SCHEDULED recordings have any Series Recordings on my box. 

Phone support was useless. All they did was have unplug the box. What do I do? I have tons of recordings scheduled that are not mine! 

Tek
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Ridiculousness Recording Non-Stop

I came home tonight to find 29 episodes of Ridiculousness, which is some MTV show I have not heard of, recorded on my box. There is no series recording set anywhere. So I deleted them.

Now I go into STREAM on Comcast.net and I see them all set to record, but none of my scheduled recordings or shows are present. 

What is going on?

Tek
STREAM.JPG
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Ridiculousness Recording Non-Stop

@Tek wrote:

I came home tonight to find 29 episodes of Ridiculousness, which is some MTV show I have not heard of, recorded on my box. There is no series recording set anywhere. So I deleted them.

Now I go into STREAM on Comcast.net and I see them all set to record, but none of my scheduled recordings or shows are present. 

What is going on?

do you have more than one set top box? are you sharing your wifi with other people? did you give your username/password to someone else to use?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Problem Solver

No. I have two factor authentication on everything. I don't share with anybody.

The odd part is there was no series recording set yet it recorded 29 episodes in a row.

How is that even possible?

Tek
Highlighted
Expert

@Tek wrote:
No. I have two factor authentication on everything. I don't share with anybody.

The odd part is there was no series recording set yet it recorded 29 episodes in a row.

How is that even possible?

if you are in an apartment or condo environment there may be a missing 'POE' (point of entry) reflector device where the cable comes into your residence. that would allow other (also missing POE)  to operate your device. do you have more than one set top box? 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

I live in a single family house.

I have three boxes in the house.

Tek
Highlighted
Expert

@Tek wrote:
I live in a single family house.

I have three boxes in the house.

when your post comes to the comcast employee queue they have access to logs etc. in the past they could not trace history once the program is deleted from the home DVR even if then restored from deleted. 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I deleted them already. Can they trace them?

It wipes my entire cloud out. It was 45 min shows times 29 and now my cloud DVR is empty except for what recorded last night.

They are still on my box, but gone from stream.

So upset about this. I don't even watch MTV.

Tek
Highlighted
Expert

@Tek wrote:
I deleted them already. Can they trace them?

It wipes my entire cloud out. It was 45 min shows times 29 and now my cloud DVR is empty except for what recorded last night.

They are still on my box, but gone from stream.

So upset about this. I don't even watch MTV.

did you review your priority list for a series recoridng? using X1 say 'scheduled' then press down and up and right 2 times to series priority. and press ok. scroll down to see if you can find that series listed. if so, while its name is between the two cursor bars press the 'D' button on the remote.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I did. It was not a series recording, which is what is confusing me. How can it work 29 things in a row without a series recording?

Tek
Highlighted
Expert

@Tek wrote:
I did. It was not a series recording, which is what is confusing me. How can it work 29 things in a row without a series recording?

no idea. if it happens again, keep at least one on the home DVR so logs are available. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Someone else’s recordings showing on my account!

You should ask customer care to escalate you to tier2 support, this is sadly not something they can resolve for you - likely your account got linked to someone else’s (old returned device still pointing to your account, internal processing error, etc) but def something that requires the engineering teams to fix
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Anyway to escalate here? I spent an hour on the phone and they told me to just delete the recordings to solve it. Clearly not a legitimate solution. I can see all their schedules recordings too.

It won't let me cancel them either.

Tek
Highlighted
Problem Solver

I checked and I have a MoCa filter installed on the main. 

Tek
Highlighted
Problem Solver

This has happened again.... this time it appears i have almost an entire person's DVR on mine. Support's solutuion was to delete them....

no help at all...

Tek
Highlighted
Expert

@Tek wrote:

I checked and I have a MoCa filter installed on the main. 

can you use a smart phone/tablet with the xfinity stream to check if the extra recordings show up on the stream recordings? do same using the Xfinity TV Remote app to view recordings on the DVR itself. note that the DVR will reflect local recordings available as well as the cloud DVR too. are the extra in just one place? if it is the stream app, go to gear/settings and sign out. then sign back in. any change?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I have been on the phone from 9AM till 7PM with various Comcast Tech support. FINALLY, I was sent to ADVANCED REPAIR and they have determined somebody at COMCAST transferred somebody eleses recordings to MY ACCOUNT!

This is the second time this has happened since 2/11. Unacceptable. Yet, they don't know why. Advanced Repair has been very helpful. 

Tek
Highlighted
Expert

Note: combined the two similar threads.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Long story short, my account is somehow linked with somebody on the other side of the United States. Engineering is involved and they are trying to figure out how and why...

About 6-7 total hours on the phone today. 8 if you count waiting for call backs. 

Never seen anything like it in my life, but the Advanced Repair Tech is very helpful.

Tek
Highlighted
Contributor

😁

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Ever heard of this before?

Tek
Highlighted
Contributor

Yup, it's rare but it happens, sadly. Seems like you even checked your MoCA filter which would have been my other suggestion. Are you all fixed up at this time anyways or still waiting for the engineering team to resolve? 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Waiting for engineers.  I guess this is happening in multiple places. 

Tek
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

The Cloud might have a bug.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How did they solve this for you?  I am having the same problem, except my DVR is fine.  It's my stream app that keeps showing recordings that I did not record, series recordings, watched shows, etc are all not mine!,  I keep deleting them, but they keep re-recording them.  Really frustrating!!

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I had to get escalated to Advanced Repair and then Engineering. Finally, it was acknowledge as a system issue and fixed. However, I had to spend hours on the phone. The first people I talked to blamed me, somebody in my house, and so on. It was the most frustrating experience on 20 years with Comcast.

Sometimes official employees on here can bypass all the craziness of rebooting boxes and such.

Do not delete the recordings. If you do they cannot back trace the problem.

Tek
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ok thanks. I will try to get straight to advanced repair/engineering. I don’t worry about deleting any of the recordings because every time I delete them, they’re back in there in less than 24 hours- maybe not the same exact ones, but there are a TON! And series recordings too. But my xfinity streaming app does not match my physical dvr info, so I have no idea what’s going on. Occasionally there is also another device logged on and I have no idea who it is. Very frustrating!!!
Highlighted
Expert

@mrszuhwiggins wrote:
Ok thanks. I will try to get straight to advanced repair/engineering. I don’t worry about deleting any of the recordings because every time I delete them, they’re back in there in less than 24 hours- maybe not the same exact ones, but there are a TON! And series recordings too. But my xfinity streaming app does not match my physical dvr info, so I have no idea what’s going on. Occasionally there is also another device logged on and I have no idea who it is. Very frustrating!!!

are you in a condo/duplex/apartment housing arrangement?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No, single family home spaces about 2 acres apart from each other
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Unless you recently changed your wiring or config at your house then it is not a MOCA filter issue. Per the executive offices and engineering this was a known software glitch in the X1 system and is obviously happening again to somebody else. The front line support will blame it on everything but that. You need to get to higher tiers that have visibility to this stuff. 

Tek
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi,

@mrszuhwiggins have you had any luck with this yet? If not, let me know and I can try to get it into the right hands. The fact that is only happening on the app makes it a bit different than Tek's

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!  Just had a reply from a Comcast Employee on this string, so I'm going to start there!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastCesar  No, I have not had any success with this issue.  Ongoing for months now.  Have called a few times, gotten hung up on, told to change my passwords, told to reboot, told to log out and log back in, etc. etc.  but nothing so far has solved the problem.  I'd appreciate it if you could put me in touch with the right people.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Ok, I will follow up internally to have this matter looked into.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastCesar  What did you find out?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Nothing popped out to me, but I have created a ticket for the responsible team to resolve/diagnose. I will be sure to reach out to you in case there is more info needed.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Tek @ComcastCesar  You are never going to believe this, but today my friend who lives in my neighborhood ( but not on my block - like NOT close to me) and I were chatting and she's telling me about this issue she's having with Comcast and her DVR.  Someone keeps deleting all their recordings.  They record something and the next morning, it's deleted.  It's been going on for awhile.  So I tell her about my issue, how someone keeps recording stuff on my app and I keep deleting them, but they keep re-recording them.  When she starts telling me WHAT shows she recorded and this jerk deleted, a lot of them are sounding very familiar.  I grab my IPad and pull up the deleted shows and they are HER shows!!  She's the person recording on "my" account and I'm the person deleting from"her" account!!  We had her husband record something on their DVR at their house (again, not close by) and voila - it appeared on my iPad.  Have NO idea how this is happening, but her husband had been working with Comcast on the issue and he was going to call and give him the new information.  Hopefully they can figure it out.  CRAZY!!!

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm noticing different channel listings/favorites showing on the Xfinity Stream website from the Boston area, however I'm nowhere near that area.

And there are totally different DVR recordings scheduled and recorded as well.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

This sounds like a MOCA Filter issue and not the same issue I had. I am from Boston and was linked to somebody in Colorado. If you are linked to somebody that close to your house then somebody is missing a MOCA Filter and the boxes are getting into communication with each other. You will need a technician. Potentially at both houses to resolve it. 

My issue was with the CLOUD DVR being linked into my actual DVR with people thousands of miles away. MOCA cannot communicate that far. 

Tek
Highlighted
Problem Solver

@AudioDropper wrote:

I'm noticing different channel listings/favorites showing on the Xfinity Stream website from the Boston area, however I'm nowhere near that area.

And there are totally different DVR recordings scheduled and recorded as well.

This more sounds like the issue I had. I am in Boston and was linked to somebody in Colorado. The channels and such were not even from my area. 

Tek
Highlighted
Contributor

Was your Cloud DVR issue resolved?

If so, do you know what "they" did to correct it?

Hopefully, "they" are aware of this issue.

I wonder if it's related to when the Cloud DVR space was supposedly "upgraded" to include more space to save recordings.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I called support. After many tickets and attempts Advanced Support contacted me. Do not delete the recordings. It is the only way they can figure out what is happening.

They escalated it to Engineering and they unlinked me from whoever I was linked with. It was all software and did not involve anything in my end other that calling. This was when COVID started so hopefully they have more people now.

Tek
Highlighted
Contributor

Tek,

Well that's good your issue was resolved.

We honestly never know who is viewing our information these days.

It's quite unsettling because I can see everything someone else is recording or saved to their Cloud DVR.

Do you suggest that I call the Comcastic Phone Number to have my issue addressed or can I ask for help through this forum?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I suggest you use the forum employees. They are always excellent and always cut out all the crazy stuff you have to deal with on the phone. I did use the phones and needless to say I tortured. Reset passwords, replace boxes, reboot boxes, and all the basic stuff the first level always does.

Tek
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @AudioDropper can you DM the specifics to your issue? This one seems a bit different than the latest one I created a ticket for

Highlighted
Problem Solver

JUST HAPPENED to me again! The same persons recordings from Colorado are back on my box! Just got off the phone with the local Executive Offices. I am so done with this. 

Tek
Highlighted
Contributor

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Are you serious?  

I hope it can get resolved quickly.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Yes. I just signed up for YouTube TV. I have 15+ years with Comcast and I am done.

Boxes are going back this week. I don't want to drop cable, but is starting to impact my life. Hours on the phone with support and endless pain with endless service problems.  

I am no cord cutter, but I am cutting the cord. YouTube TV has 90 percent of what I watch. If I don't need to put 40 hours a week in troubleshooting service problems and being run in circles the  the lost 10 percent will be priceless.  

Tek
Highlighted
Problem Solver

@mrszuhwiggins did your problem get solved? @AudioDropper  what about your problem?

These recordings in my box are from another area. Channel lineup is nothing like my town or surrounding towns. Waiting for national support. So stressed.... 

Tek
Highlighted
Contributor

@Tek ,

My Xfinity Stream Cloud website is back to showing my actual correct guide for my particular viewing area/region and not showing information for a totally different Boston area.

I don't know what was done to fix it though.

I guess you are having the same issue that you had before again, so that's definitely frustrating.

Hopefully your issue can be resolved somehow again and stay that way!