Cmjumper's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, March 29th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

Slave DVR boxes not working

Yesterday our slave DVR boxes (we have 3) stopped working and began bringing up a red error screen.  The main DVR box and our smaller non DVR boxes are all working fine.  Xfinity WiFi working fine

We have reset the main box and all DVR boxes, reset our modem and router (not Comcast devices), all without any success.  I tried to unplug all devices, then powered up router and modem, then main box, then slave boxes as well. 

I've read about but don't fully understand MOCA issues and neighbors. My children say there was a Xfinity service tech working on the large green box in our yard the day this issue started.  I'm assuming this was for a neighbor.

Xfinity is now recommending a tech come in our home.  Due to Coronavirus risks, I don't want that.  

I would greatly appreciate any help here. 

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

We have the first DVR model listed, the Arris model. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for the reply.  We have the Arris model-the first DVR box listed in your link. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

My apologies. Learning a lot of these terms. Any help would be much appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Now main box giving same error message 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

And the actual error message is...? Can you give any additional information? It sounds like you’re at the point of a tech having to come out, not much else can be done

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Got it resolved. Sounds like a trap was placed on our access point at the street due to neighbors complaining about signal issues.  This was done in attempt to reduce "noise" from our house.  

This caused the issues with our DVR boxes.  Trap was removed and we got new DVR boxes out of it.  

The tech stayed outside.  I did all inside work.  

I would suggest Xfinity tell their customers when they place these traps on their access points. Could prevent a lot of runaround. 

Thanks for your replies.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here