rjeroots's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, May 19th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Set top box will not pair

Added cable to a bedroom tv. Set top box arrived. Connected ok. Boots up to language screen. Press xfinity and info keys, get green light but get no pairing screen with pairing code. The other 3 boxes in the house do show the pairing screen but the new box does not respond. Tried 2 X1 remotes. I need a new box but stores are closed and I cannot reach a human by phone or internet. Pretty frustrated at this point.

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I received a replacement box which went through setup with no issue. The box I had problems with was defective. I don't need you anymore 🙂

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

Are you stuck on the language screen? If so try xfinity.com/unpair and follow instructions for your remote and then try again.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

XiD-C model CXD01ANI. Tried 2 remotes that work fine with the other 3 boxes in the house. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

adding.... what is the model number of the box that won't pair with the remote? did you press the xfinity button on the remote? can you try another remote in your home and try to pair it to that set top box? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Will resume tomorrow. Will respond then. Thanks...

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Got to xfinity.com/unpair on another pc. Trying...

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Yes stuck on language screen. Tried xfinity.com/unpair and got access denied cuz I don't have permission on server. I tried 2 remotes that work and pair ok on 3 other boxes in my house. Pressed xfinity and info buttons together and got green light. The paring screen came up on the 3 other tvs inthe house but not on the one I need to pair with. Grrrrrr

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Try holding the remote right up to the box that you’re trying to pair to

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Got a new box turned everything on like instructions said got stuck on the language screen. I can’t get my xfinity remote or my tv remote to respond.  I don’t even know how I got to that language screen.  I am taking the box back for another box

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Got a new box and got stuck in the language screen. None of my remotes would not work.  Going back tomorrow for another box

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here