deshetlr's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 28th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Selective Channel Pixelation and Music Issues

For the last week or so we have been experiencing two issues with our service. First is heavy pixelation on just the network channels such as ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. It is not occuring on cable channels such as FOX News and CNN. It occures on all 4 of our TVs. I have tightened all the connections, inside and out and restarted everything as instructed.

Second we are not recieving any of the music channels in the 900 range. We simply get an error box that Comcast is having issues and to try again later.

Can anyone shed light on what the issue is?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Basically it’s signal issues. Channels come in on different frequencies, whatever is happening is affecting those frequency or frequencies of the channels you noted, maybe others you don’t watch or get. See if there’s any extra splitters you can remove to help the signal but you’ll probably need a tech to troubleshoot further. With the pandemic ongoing, I believe techs are only running on calls that involve services completely not working, not just select channels. I can escalate it to an Official Employee and they can determine if a tech can be sent out or not

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hello deshetlr, thank you for creating a post. I'd be happy to get this issue resolved for you, for further assistance please send me a private message with your full name and street address by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same problem. Heavy pixelation on just the network channels such as ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX. It is not occuring on cable channels such as FOX News and CNN. I tighten up all the connections.  I've had the service for one month and since the first day I am having this problem.  I already restarted my equipment from the xfinity website and did not work. Please help me. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Pixelation.jpg

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Restarting isn’t the answer, you’ll probably need a tech out

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

What phone number should I call to request a tech.  I could not find a phone number on the website.

Thanks.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@luis1954 wrote:

What phone number should I call to request a tech.  I could not find a phone number on the website.

Thanks.

800-Comcast

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for this information Luis, I apologize for my delay in response I have been out of the office ill. But no need to worry I am back and ready to get this issue resolved for you. After checking into this I am not showing anything that would be impacting your signals so this could be device specific. Are you having this problem on all of your boxes? 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My pixelation problem was finally solved after the whole neighborhood lost all services, TV, phone, and internet. I never got a straight answer from Xfinity as to the cause and their techs didn’t seem to know as they ran me through the same tests over and over and over. The issues started when Xfinity announced they had made big improvements in their service In our area. For the next 30 days we had a couple outages and constant pixelating culminating in the total outage. 3 days later everything is back to normal. It was a nightmare.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here