vett1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

27 Messages

Friday, February 21st, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Reset cable box

At night when I turn on the tv the cable box I just stuck I can't change channels, go to the dvr can't do any thing. This is the third night in a row that I need to unplug the box to get it to work. Do I need a new box all the other box work 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@vett1 wrote:

At night when I turn on the tv the cable box I just stuck I can't change channels, go to the dvr can't do any thing. This is the third night in a row that I need to unplug the box to get it to work. Do I need a new box all the other box work 

with only the information provided it is difficult to understand the issue. There are a limited number of tuners available and you may have an older in-home DVR with only 5 tuners and 3 may be in use by other set top boxes leaving you no tuners.  would you go to each TV connected set top box and use voice command 'about'? reply with each set top box's rest of the single line after "STB Version". 

Frequent Visitor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

What I have is a dvr two that work off the dvr and one plain box, I'm guessing this what you want. 
stb version axo14an 4.0p4s1 prod sey

stb version sxo22an 4.04s1 prod sey

stb version sxo 22an 4.0p4s1 prod sey

The last one is the one giving me trouble

Frequent Visitor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

What I have is a dvr two that work off the dvr and one plain box. 
54F901C5-CC01-4906-A4A8-3D5317AD8024.jpeg

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@vett1 wrote:

What I have is a dvr two that work off the dvr and one plain box, I'm guessing this what you want. 
stb version axo14an 4.0p4s1 prod sey

stb version sxo22an 4.04s1 prod sey

stb version sxo 22an 4.0p4s1 prod sey

The last one is the one giving me trouble

based on what you posted you have an Xg1v4 DVR and 2 Xg2 set top boxes. those models are all hubs and have their own tuners. the one giving you trouble may not have the coax connector properly installed between the wall and the 'cable TV IN' coax connector. when a hub won't connect you usually get an error code and screen and in this case it may be easier to swap the second box for a new one at your Xfinity store. (ask for a new wall hookup coax cable.).

Frequent Visitor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

Ok thanks I just ordered a new box. Thanks for the help

Frequent Visitor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

So I ordered a new box and they sent me about of date DVR that I don't need I need the box that can be used with the dvr so I called Comcast and they said they will send the right box in 3 days, guess what no box yet so I called again to see what happened and I was told there was no order for the box, So now I need to drive all the way to the Comcast store. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi, good morning vett1. Thank you posting! I am sorry to hear that you're having difficulty reaching a solution to the cable box issue. There are several potential contributing factors that could be involved, we can work with you to narrow those down. You have come to the right place for help! Please go ahead and send me a private message with your first and last name. We will continue from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here