Community Forum

Remote won’t change channels

New Poster

Remote won’t change channels

My X1 remotes won’t change the channels but I can change the volume on them. What is the problem and why I can’t change the channels with my remote?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Remote won’t change channels

First try the A button and select System Refresh.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Turns tv on off... nothing else responds.
Light at top is green

No Other buttons work
No idea what the refresh is someone mentioned
Silver Problem Solver

Remove the batteries and reinsert them?

Remotes are free at the nearest Xfinity Store.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Will not change channels, batteries are new
New Poster

Will not change channels
Silver Problem Solver

@larritabarkley wrote:
Will not change channels

Does it do anything else, change volume, etc?

New Poster

My remote would not change the channel--it was stuck on one channel.  I tried the refresh through the system, did the unplug  & all that--nothing worked. I just went on the forum to see if there was any solutions and someone posted change the batteries. Instead I just got the remote for my other TV...yep, it works. I still don't get all the channels but at least I can change to the ones that I do.  But I did change the batteries in the first one and it still doesn't work.  Go figure...

Expert

@Gerinics wrote:

My remote would not change the channel--it was stuck on one channel.  I tried the refresh through the system, did the unplug  & all that--nothing worked. I just went on the forum to see if there was any solutions and someone posted change the batteries. Instead I just got the remote for my other TV...yep, it works. I still don't get all the channels but at least I can change to the ones that I do.  But I did change the batteries in the first one and it still doesn't work.  Go figure...

You can get the bad remote exchanged free by taking it back to your nearest service center. Your using a computer (device) on this site. Just the Comcast site for nearest cervice center.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@Gerinics wrote:

is it working today? Had I replied yesterday I would have suggested unplugging the set top box for 20 seconds or so but that happens automatically overnight. Sometimes when a firmware update is installed in the overnight process the RF connected remote appears to be dead and the LED blinks green and red when you press a button. the reboot procedure will restore the RF pairing. This issue has been reported many times but since it is intermittent it must be very hard to find the problem and fix it permanently.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!