Community Forum

Reminders not working

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Reminder not working

I have the same software (Release Version 112.0.2.) (04/09/20 4:32PM) (2.8.0).  I do believe this update had something to do with the reminder problem.  Comcast needs to look into this and fix.

Highlighted
Contributor

Comcast is working on a fix but it is not based on the software version since I was running the March release on my X1 DVR while others ran the April release like you and we all experienced the reminder issue.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Reminders not working

Sorry not familiar with how these forums works but I am having the same issues.  It was mentioned you were looking for programs. Well 2 of my reminders is 1) CBS - God Friended Me 2) Hallmark Mystery - Mystery 101.  Is there a way to find out how to fix or if it is a software update when it will be fixed?  Thank you.

Highlighted
New Poster

I have the same problem here in Illinois, and I chatted with a comcast agent about. He was convinced he fixed the problem, and told me it had something to do with the server and the XRE connection. The problem was solved for a few hours but soon the reminder notifications crapped out again.

Highlighted
New Poster

Adding to the list to confirm that reminders are not working.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same problem here in Sacramento, since the 4/9 update the reminders are not showing up on any that were set for recurring shows.
Also seeing the channel guide jumping back to the starting channel as I page up and down.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

In this thread click on best answer for an Official Employee response

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My release version is the same:  112.0.2, time stamp 04/09/20 3:32 pm, XRE Protocol Version 2.8.0.  Are the reminders not working an issue with some "update" they did??  I got this box last summer, so why is the release time stamp changed?  Sorry, not very technically updated so I have to ask silly questions.  I'd hate to get another box; do they charge to deliver a new one??  Help, would hate to have to write down my reminders each day!!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ComcastTed, been having same issue for a few weeks.  My tv box info:

Release version:  112.0.2

Release time stamp: 04/09/20; 3:32 pm

XRE Protocol Version: 2.8.0

Receiver: Native version: 4.0.0

STB Timestamp: Thu 13 Feb 2020 12:05:28 AM UTC

Some shows I have scheduled for recurring reminders:

Sunday, April 19

12:25 a:  Friends

12:55 a:  Friends

10:59 p:  Seinfeld

Monday, April 20

5:55 p:  All In The Family

10:59 p:  Seinfeld

11:59 p:  *** In The City  (sorry, told it was a "bad word")

Tuesday, April 21

9:59 a:  Bewitched

10:29 a:  Bewitched

5:55 p:  Little People, Big World

I also tried to fix things by deleting all reminders, doing a System Restart, System Refresh and then readding the reminders....worked for one show one time, then nothing.  HELP!!  I would hate to get a new box, again....thank you.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just saw ComcastTed's reply, just want my name added to the long list.  How will we know it's fixed; will they send a notification, check back here??

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@Panther-17
If you read @ComcastTeds reply, this was at the bottom. Check back in a few weeks, it will be awhile before a fix is implemented

Marking this post as Best Answer for now , will update as more information and timing for the fix becomes available.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

The Xfinity technical team are working on a fix. Concerning your release version you should expect monthly updates since Xfinity pushes that automatically to your boxes.
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm adding my problem here too.

I only have two reminders, but they aren't reminding.

1) Sunday Morning Show, channel 4, Sundays 8am

2) Rachel Maddow, MSNBC, Every night at 7pm

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi ComcastTeds,
As I indicated previously I greatly appreciate Xfinity team working on a solution but hope you can reprioritize restoring this feature since it is almost always resulting in the reminders not working and treat the number of reporters here as a sample of a larger systemic problem.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Don't talk about it, fix it

Highlighted
New Poster

Started about 10-12 days ago with single reminders not working, now has devolved into series weekly reminders not working. Lame. A box reset did nothing. This is not a box issue, this is. Comcast programming glitch.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@Eerieglow and all
You’re absolutely right, read the Official Employee response in this thread. Click on go to best answer

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same problem with reminders for about 3 weeks. Time, channel, program....doesn't matter.
Highlighted
New Poster

Add me to the long list of people with reminders not working.

Release version 112.1.0

Release time stamp 04/14/2020

Highlighted
New Poster

saw a post where you wanted examples:

1)   The reminders show up in the guide, so you can see them.

2)  Restarted the Box

3)  Toggled on/off the notification under settings preferrences.

4   Below is an example on a Monday setup

Show:  911 on 103 KAYUD   (no changes to this schedule in months).

Reminder Options below.

Reminder time:  ON TIME

DISPLAY ON ALL TV's

Episode Type:  NEW EPISODES ONLY

Channel:  HD Preferred.

Do not have a large amount of reminders (3 a day).

Stopped working within the last 2 weeks.   Not random, No popups at all.

Only 1 box at home.

Have restarted the Box

Have toggled the Notification on/off just to see if it works.

Highlighted
Contributor

they are on it. See post marked "best answer" (link on upper left on takes you to @ComcastTeds  post)

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

No more examples are necessary

Highlighted
Official Employee

@basp  

Apologies for this issue and experience.  Thanks also for your continued patience. I wanted to share a bit of an update and some background below:

Our engineering team is aware of and is working on this issue with Reminders.

High level, the identified problem is essentially that our architecture is currently no longer optimized for the amount of reminders that are being added (we’ve seen a large increase in reminders over the years). As a result, a handful of reminders are being dropped.

A customer with a large amount of reminders is much more likely to experience random drops because of it.

Our team is currently working on updating our infrastructure to better optimize against the large load and are looking at around a month out before the changes will be deployed.

The team had this prioritized earlier, but unfortunately, because of COVID, the timeline had been pushed to accommodate more pressing issues.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@ABPa 

Apologies for this issue and experience.  Thanks also for your continued patience. I wanted to share a bit of an update and some background below:

High level, the identified problem is essentially that our architecture is currently no longer optimized for the amount of reminders that are being added (we’ve seen a large increase in reminders over the years). As a result, a handful of reminders are being dropped.

A customer with a large amount of reminders is much more likely to experience random drops because of it.

Our team is currently working on updating our infrastructure to better optimize against the large load and are looking at around a month out before the changes will be deployed.

The team had this prioritized earlier, but unfortunately, because of COVID, the timeline had been pushed to accommodate more pressing issues.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Flapenguin 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Chassiskat 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@rickyred 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Jo20403 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@dosalwesternwea 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: reminders

@sonny2244 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@henry5117 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Kp1965 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@larryaweyna 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Talent101 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@MrMikeinSac1 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Panther-17  No replacement box needed. We need to address this on the Comcast side.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@lifeofspice 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@thomasneilson  The right reams are working on this. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Eerieglow 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Southside50 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@OggiesDoggies 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Miacolotr19079 

Highlighted
New Poster

Getting a new box won't help. Already did that last week. Deleted every timer...reset on new box nothing helps. We have to keep calling to report because Comcast refuses to look at this forum and actually fix the problem. 3 weeks and counting
Highlighted
Contributor

They are on it. See post marked best answer or 1 down below your post👇👇

Highlighted
New Poster

Bull, fbi, the voice, Chicago med, Chicago fire, Chicago pd, station 19, spring baking championships are a few Of the shows that my reminders aren’t working on. None of them are working.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@MichaelCahn 

Apologies for this issue and experience. Thanks also for your continued patience. I wanted to share a bit of an update and some background below:

Highlighted
Official Employee

@nob58 

Apologies for this issue and experience. Thanks also for your continued patience. I wanted to share a bit of an update and some background below:

Highlighted
New Poster

I have only one(1) reminder and it stopped working a couple of weeks ago !

Highlighted
New Poster

Mine is stamped 4/14 and I have the same problem for the last 2 weeks.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am having a hard time rationalizing paying my almost $200 bill again this month, when something as basic as "program reminder" isn't working.  I'm a long time customer and have never missed a payment, even when channels are removed, and there's frequent program interruption.  For the last week in March and now the entire month of April, this hasn't been working.  Why should I be expected to pay the full amount, when I'm not receiving the full product?  I rarely contact Comcast for help, I just live with the problems.  A call w/an agent today got me one set program to work.  Now, it's not working again.