Blee926's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Recording on DVR are skipping

Hello,

In the last few days all of my DVR recordings will not play back without several skips in the programs. I can not watch any of the recorded shows without interruptions. I’ve unplugged, turned off, restarted, ect. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Please help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

244 Messages

5 years ago

Spend some time on the Forums here and you'll see there is an ongoing nationwide issue with the DVR/Clound functions.  It's not just you.

If you log on to your online acct you'll probably see a notification there.  If you use the Smart Phone App,  Xfinity My Acct, it will also show an issue.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

Just tried to watch Criminal Minds that recorded last night and it took me directly to the OnDemand Version. Grrrrrrr.

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

5 years ago

I find it interesting that not one Comcast employee could take the time to post in this forum to let people know what is going on and that it’s a national issue. Wouldn’t you all have accepted that answer and not flooded the forum with comments? Just a few minutes of time would have made a huge difference. 

Another thing, why should I have to call Comcast and spend 30-60 minutes on the phone trying to get a $5 credit? My time is worth more than $5 an hour. They know the issues were all over the country. Do the right thing and for heaven’s sake, do your job. No need to get customers whipped into a frenzy for something that could have been answered here. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This needs to be addressed😡

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

See previous posts. Not a bandwidth issue. It’s a nationwide issue.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Exactly what I'm experiencing. Since yesterday, maybe the day before.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

It’s a nationwide issue. I had same issue. I’m in Maryland. Within last hour mine seems to be working now. It’s happening within the DVR cloud ☁️ service.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the post, but first you say "national" then you say "your area". I assume you mean ALL areas?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I've done the same, afraid to call tech support. Last time I called them I was on the phone for 45 minutes with a tech that could not figure out the problem, so she was going to escalate it to a higher technical person and they would get back to me ASAP but I never received that phone call, so I had to figure it out on my own. It's so nice to know we pay almost $250 a month for cable and internet and half the time it doesn't work.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

This may or may not be helpful or useful, but I was so furious/irritated with the playback of the X1, that I switched to my Roku 3, and watched a recording through the xfinity beta app. Even though the recordings are also cloud based on the roku, playback did not skip or stutter the way it does on the X1 box. Picture quality, however, was awful for the first 5 minutes or so.  But once it got going and had time to buffer, the picture became almost 1080 quality. My internet speed is 250Mbps, btw.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I’m not happy with the stopping starting when playing back DVR recordings from the cloud. The bandwith is so bad that’s why it’s choppy, it’s getting lag when trying to buffer the next segment(assuming they are buffering). I will cancel my service if this continues.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

When is this going to be fixed uggh in NJ

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

Same for me in Maryland. Grrrrrr

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the explanation, but why does my hdd show 57% full if everything is stored in the cloud? Why have a hard drive at all? At least with my TiVo I could watch recorded programs with no signal. With x1 I need to have an active connection to watch recorded shows and that seems bogus.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

That’s how the cloud services work. When you select the program from DVR list is says dvr then as it loads from cloud the ☁️ DVR appears
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here