Blee926's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Recording on DVR are skipping

Hello,

In the last few days all of my DVR recordings will not play back without several skips in the programs. I can not watch any of the recorded shows without interruptions. I’ve unplugged, turned off, restarted, ect. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Please help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Same here, in Vermont. Skipping, stuttering, failing, sound absurdly low, error messages, "smart resume" failing, on demand loaded instead... the whole bucket of slush. Two plus days of it.

Just finished (1/24/19, 4pm, EST) an online chat, was told they are working to resolve the outage, no ETA available. I asked if there will be a credit, was told there will be. I requested the reference number, was given it. Was then told that to get the credit, I need to contact CS with the reference number, after this issue is resolved.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I pay 250.00 a month for this! No DVR recording are watchable since last week. This is ridiculous, and a complete rip off!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I'm in Crystal Lake Il. and still have the same issues.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

I noticed a volume change too and thought it was due to a new DVR box. The choppiness is maddening, but if I watch on Roku Xfinity Stream it seems okay. Oh, and when trying to do a system refresh I get a "Video outage in your area" message and cannit do it.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for taking the time and letting us know. At least with the forum we can get some answers.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Now I can’t pause it fast forward. Is it because I’ve complained? I’ve been using my Netflix and prime because of this. It’s nkt a bad option. Cheaper.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I got some imrovement in NJ.  The Big Brother episode I watched last night no longer skips and jumps and is in HD quality.  But still anything that I recorded yesterday or the day before won't play, and it tells they have it On Demand and takes me to that recording.  Anything I recorded more than two days ago plays fine.  The @ComcastCares account on Twitter answered me right away when I DMed them, and said they know it's a nationwide problem and they got back to me after a few hours again and said they still haven't found a solution, and they'll check in with me again in the morning

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We have been having problems seeing programs recorded.  

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

Told the same thing.  Nationwide outage.  Hang in there folks. 

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Why should we have to wait when we pay a fortune? I like to skip past the commercials and on Demand doesn't have that option right now.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

When I called this moring, they said they have no idea when it will be fixed.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

So how does it get fixed?

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

Are all recordings now going to the cloud instead of the DVR HDD?  Did Comcast just make a major change in that regard, thus the issues?   

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

1/23/19  Same here - ours has been happening for several days.  Did the usual restart a couple of times, but no help.  

Our main DVR STB version says:  MX011AN_3.2p10s1_PROD_sey; our den satellite box is:

CXD01ANI_3.3p62_PROD_sey

How do you tell if your recordings are in the Cloud as opposed to your DVR?

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

Mine is doing the same thing, I’m in Elkton, Maryland . Seems all recordings are now going to the cloud (it used to record to cloud sporadically) and every show on the cloud during playback skips, stops, starts, sound goes out, and goes from hd to sd. This all started yesterday. Didn’t have any issues until yesterday. I’ve refreshed the box, restarted the box no help. How can I stop my recordings from going to cloud??? I couldn’t find anything in settings. I pay too much money to have bad service. It’s like I watching satellite in the rain. It doesn’t happen with OnDemand shows!?!?! C’mon Comcast!!!!

Update: 5:43pm
Chatted with someone from Comcast. A known issue, national problem technicians working on it, 24hr eta. Was advised to chat them again after issue resolved for credit.

Currently watching The Talk cloud ☁️ DVR recording and it’s doing much better!!!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here