Blee926's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Recording on DVR are skipping

Hello,

In the last few days all of my DVR recordings will not play back without several skips in the programs. I can not watch any of the recorded shows without interruptions. I’ve unplugged, turned off, restarted, ect. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Please help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why is everything recorded on my DVR tonight 1-23-2019 messed up. The shows are all shown like an interupted signal.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

@dominick1946 wrote:
Customers who have converted fully to the XFinity X1 platform need to know that, with X1 you no longer have a hard drive in your DVR box. All the recordings with X1 are stored in “the cloud”, not in your box. “The cloud” accually refers to large capacity storage servers that are maintained by Comcast.

The old DVR’s did have hard drives inside your box to record programs, but this is no longer the case with the XFinity X1 platform.

All true. Comcast obviously fouled up their DVR servers in the cloud. Will the messed up recordings ever be watchable again?

A suggestion to help a little bit - if the recorded pgm was a prime time show on ABC, NBC, CBS that you recorded and Comcast can't ever recover a good recording, After 24 hrs, you can watch the missed show on ONDemand. It will be there for a couple days.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

same problem, just noticed it tonight. Nothing I dvr'd is working right.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Watching On Demand later is only an acceptable alternative if the show isn’t FF restricted but most network shows are FF restricted.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Ok. So why is there now (coincidentally?) a cloud icon next to where it says ‘DVR’, when you pause it?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem here in Atlanta. It appears that all of the recent recordings that are completely useless are being recorded in the cloud instead of locally on the unit’s hard drive. Does anyone know why programs aren’t being saved locally?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just chatted with them. They said this was a national issue and their “advanced technical team” is “working on it.”
They gave me an estimated fix time of 2:14 am CST 1/24

Contributor

• 

294 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem in northern CO.  I first noticed it earlier this evening (1/23).  Happens to me whether watching via DVR on my TV or via the Stream app on my iPad.  Live TV seems to work fine.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

It’s only recording a couple shows onto the cloud. And on playback, it skips all over the place. Help

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Mine just started doing it tonight... it's so aggravating! When I tried to select another option (watch on demand through comedy central), it just brings up a blank screen! So not only can I not watch the episode on demand, I can't watch the one I recorded because it's so choppy!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem here. Anything recorded 1/22 and 1/23 and played back showing the cloud icon skips, stops and is non watchable. Obviously xfinity is having issues however at over 200.00 a month, this should be posted by Xfinity as a known error with an ETA for resolution. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same thing is happening to my TV. I guess it’s my DVR it ruins the fun of watching shows without commercials and also it’s easy when it’s safe to DVR. My DVR tonight is choppy and freezes and is driving me insane. What is this can I do to make it better?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same results here in Seattle area, started sometime today, yesterdays recordings played normal. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Definitely happening in South Florida 😞 and I'm glad I haven't yet thrown the remote at the TV.... the temptation is great! If it wasn't because of my HOA dues covering/lowering a big chunk of the basic costs through Comcast, I'd have switched to a different provider years ago

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm in Alabama and having the same issue!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here