mburton603's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019 11:00 AM

Closed

Recording New Show Episodes

I have several shows set to automatically record NEW episodes, but only if they are on a specific channel. Why does X1 also add episodes on a different channel because they are new to that channel? It is extremely frustrating to have to cancel them one-by-one, which is the only option.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mburton603 wrote:

I have several shows set to automatically record NEW episodes, but only if they are on a specific channel. Why does X1 also add episodes on a different channel because they are new to that channel? It is extremely frustrating to have to cancel them one-by-one, which is the only option.

there are two ways to make a recording. searching for the series and then recording the series will give you all channels. remove the series recording, and find the next episode on the channel you want to record. go to that day and time in the guide and press the record button.  select the 'listed' channel only (leave the option alone). be sure you are on the HD version of a channel before you set the recording. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I'm not sure that I understand your response. When selecting a show to record, X1 gives me the options to record NEW only and also only when broadcast on a SPECIFIC CHANNEL. This is how I select for recording, but then X1 adds the same show when it's new to a DIFFERENT CHANNEL, which is not what I told the system to do.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mburton603 wrote:

I'm not sure that I understand your response. When selecting a show to record, X1 gives me the options to record NEW only and also only when broadcast on a SPECIFIC CHANNEL. This is how I select for recording, but then X1 adds the same show when it's new to a DIFFERENT CHANNEL, which is not what I told the system to do.

setting a recording from a search or from the guide give you different options. on the guide (example) you record and get offered to record on WABCD Only, HD preferred, SD preferred. when you set a series recording on a search it does not know nor offer a specific channel and that is why you are getting other channels.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I didn't set the series recording by search. Using the guide, I went to a specific show on a specific channel and, from there, selected 'record all new episodes on channel X'. In other words, I did what you said would not result in the show being recorded when new on a different channel, but that is precisely what happened.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mburton603 wrote:

I didn't set the series recording by search. Using the guide, I went to a specific show on a specific channel and, from there, selected 'record all new episodes on channel X'. In other words, I did what you said would not result in the show being recorded when new on a different channel, but that is precisely what happened.

is the current listing in the 'priority list' set to 'call letters' like WABCD? or SD or HD preferred? what options are available? did you search through the entire priority list to see if you have more than one entry for that show title?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here