mbergh14's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, March 19th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Re: Xi6 4K STB Audio Video Issues

I am having issues as well. Just changed to the xi6 for one of my boxes wnd noticed I can't get actual 5.1. Now if I change to stereo, I can change the sound to dolby surround or dts neu:x on my denon. Otherwise it just comes out stereo. I just talked to a tech and you aren't suppose to use the ethernet port. It can overheat. They were onlu meant for setup.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Where is smart volume?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I'm looking for an option on the xi6 box. They need to give an option for Dolby digital 5.1. Not just dolby digital plus. It only plays stereo when watching regular live cable. It is really annoying. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Experiencing the same issue, no surroundsound from this box

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Manoverboard wrote:
Experiencing the same issue, no surroundsound from this box

do you have audio equipment? how is your set top box connected and audio connected? did you review the audio settings in device settings menu for the set top box?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

4 years ago

@mbergh14 wrote:

I just talked to a tech and you aren't suppose to use the ethernet port. It can overheat. 

I don't know what tech you talked to, but my Xi6 is connected to my XB6 gateway via Ethernet and it works flawlessly.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, I have surround sound for both of my set ups.  SS works with Netflix via the cable box and on demand, but not with any live programming.  If it an action movie that i want to watch, I will try to watch it via on demand, even though the movie is playing at that time.  I really shouldn't have to do that, besides, it doesn't always work, bc if the movie is too current, on demand isn't  an option at that time.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I too have since connected 1 of my setups directly via the ethernet port, but I still get the screen blinks. The really need to go back to the drawing boards with these boxes. I get it, they are sleek, and they allow far more clean setups, because of the WiFi setup option, but with the screen blinks and the lack of surround sound on live programming, I cannot say they are worth it. The boxes should have been tested more, prior to release. Fix these bugs, and the boxes would be great.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here