Community Forum

Re: X1 TV Box--Sporadic "NO SIGNAL" Message

New Poster

I am having the same issue but only in the morning after the box has been idle all night. Tech support has been no help at all. Last tech told me to plug the box in to a different power outlet and one tech said to bad it does not work. We will let the developers know. When asking for advanced tech support or someone else higher up, they refuse to connect you. They state you need a service call and pay 70 dollars. They make Directv not look to bad even with the 2 year contract. Just frustated.

Contributor

Contact xfinity support again and ask them to check to see if you have the latest firmware update for your dvr box.  Should have been about July 7, I think.  That seems to help with the hdmi handshake issue.  Good luck

Expert

the HDMI handshake issue is not resolved (no signal msg usually issued from TV). I'm sure tehy will post here when it is fixed in firmware. the Xg1v4 boxes have been moved back to a 3/22 version (pluto TV won't work with that version). I fix mine by using TV remote and changing to roku then back to Xfinity's HDMI port and the connection wakes up.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Well Comcast employee here on forum told me he thought a firmware had corrected handshake issue and I have not had another no service issue since.  So, we will see what happens I guess.  

Contributor

Also, I tried changing inputs as you do, but that didn't work.  I had to unplub hdmi cable from dvr and replug.  Better than rebooting.  I thought of getting a hdmi remote switch to try but not sure that would restore handshake.

New Poster

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this Comcast problem. I have experienced the same no signal problem for the past few months and after essentially trying all the possible solutions posted on this blog was resigned to buying a new tv. In addition to saving money on a new tv based on the numerous sales pitches I have received over the years from Verizon I certainly can save on my monthly cable, internet and phone bill with Comcast. If there is no resolution by Comcast to this issue within the next month then though in principle I do not like Verizon that seems the way to go.
New Poster

I gave up! Verizon works great and I don’t have to restart my box three times a day!
Frequent Visitor

I think we are on the latest firmware and still had the problem last night and this morning.  Turned off CEC off on my Samsung and will see if that makes a difference.  Powersave is off.  I found today if I turned on the TV with the AVR off the the TV came on.  Will see if that works in the future.

New Poster

My master box also is cabled to a Samsung that is the one tv giving me a problem so will be very interested if turning off CEC on it helps.
Expert

@jleszkoze wrote:

I think we are on the latest firmware and still had the problem last night and this morning.  Turned off CEC off on my Samsung and will see if that makes a difference.  Powersave is off.  I found today if I turned on the TV with the AVR off the the TV came on.  Will see if that works in the future.

using voice command 'about' what is rest of line to right of "STB version". the xg1v4 have been moved to a much older firmware but no reason has thus far been supplied.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

STB Version is AX014AN_3.3p14s1_PROD_sey

Fortunately , this issue so far doesn't happen too often (unlike for some others) but is occuring more frequently in the last month.  Today everything was OK.  Friday night and Saturday morning were not OK.

Contributor

Rusty, this is what I have.  Been working ok with no lost signal for at least a week. 

IMG_1135.JPG

Expert

@Arth wrote:

Rusty, this is what I have.  Been working ok with no lost signal for at least a week. 

IMG_1135.JPG

this is only about the xg1v4 (4k DVR). others do not have this issue. you have the version 3 DVR

Official Employee

Hello all,

I'm happy to investigate the issue further but I'll need a timestamp of the last occurrence of "No signal message" please. It will help us a lot. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

For me, last occurence of "no signal" was the morning of June 29th.  This may have been a continuation of the problem from Friday night June 28th when my wife couldn't get the problem resolved and I ended up trying several things on the next day until I had the HDMI handshake working.  I did turn off CEC on my Samsung and whether that it helping or not, I can't be certain.  But no issues since June 29th.

Official Employee

Hi jleskoze, thank you for reaching back out to our forums and I would like to look into this further on my side for you. Could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin?

Thank you 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

OK, ALL FIXED! Just had to return the 4k box for the older box. Not a single problem since the return. Definately a bad box as many have mentioned here.

Official Employee

ChrisGenna, glad to hear a box exchange did the trick! Thanks for letting us know on the forums! 

Ken

New Poster

Is there any resolution to this? I just started service with Xfinity and the only way to receive a singal from the box after turning my TV off is unplugging the box or sending a restart signal to it.

Official Employee

jmm88, appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your no signal message. What kind of box do you have? Is it an Xg1v4 (4K DVR)? Is ecosaver mode active on the box? 

Ken

Contributor

I would suggest you try a different hdmi cable between cable box and tv first before asking for a new box
Expert

@Arth wrote:
I would suggest you try a different hdmi cable between cable box and tv first before asking for a new box

that won't help. and the new viersion of firmware just came to me last night but still have the no signal issue. it is a hardware or firmware issue that to date has not been resolved for the Xg1v4 set top box.

New Poster

It appears this problem has been going on for too long.  It ‘s difficult to believe that xfinity can’t fix this. I used to experience the  “NO SIGNAL”  on occasion but for the past 2 weeks it is every time we turn the TV back on.  How do I get this resolved ?  It seems unfair to be paying full price for a defective system.

New Poster

I followed another users advice and on my tv I turned off energy savings, eco sensor, eco solution and auto protection time and CEC and after two months of daily resetting I now have gone 7 days without encountering the No Signal.
Frequent Visitor

I'm almost at a month with no problems with No Signal.  Turning off "CEC" which is the ARC capability on the Samsung TVs seemed to have fixed it for my setup.  I also have the ECO settings off on the Samsung (which I also do regardless of this issue) and the powersaver is off on the Xfinity 4K DVR.  Can't remember if there are any other ECO settings on the DVR but they are off if they exist.  As previously mentioned, it is a "handshake" issue between devices and you are trying to prevent unnecessary handshakes or just keep a grip!  I have an AVR in the midst of this and I think I have it set to standby when the power is off so that may be helping too.   

New Poster

NOT a v3 vs v4 issue with me I have had it with 2 different v3 style boxes. Never had a v4....

New Poster

We are having the exact same issue for the past 4 or 5 months. It's driving us crazy! If Comcast can't figure out this issue, they need to offer credits for their customers. Customer service is essential. I desperately would like a fix to this issue. Comcast! Please work on this!
Official Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback and for participating in our community. I apologize for the inconvenience due to the "No signal" message. As I mention before, I know that it's frustrating. It takes quite some time to resolve dut to not all customers who have XG1v4  DVR experience this issue. There are different setups and TV brands. Our engineering team is continually working to find out the cause and resolve it. 

We don't have an ETA at this time and we don't want to provide any unconfirmed information. 

I appreciate your patience!