Arth's profile

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

Re: X1 TV Box--Sporadic "NO SIGNAL" Message

I have been experiencing sporadic no signal message when turning on tv from being off.  The tv input is correct.  The xfinity tv signal returns after refresh or reboot of x1 box.  xfinity technical support on phone just did refresh and said no problem.  Any suggestions for a more permanent fix.  I can replace coax to box and hdmi from box to tv  or replace box.  My small external box in bedroom works during the signal loss at main box and anyroom dvr continues to work.  Any thoughts?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Is there a resolution to the "no signal" issue?

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

I do admit to be one of the fortunate ones.  Haven't had a problem in 5 months after making various setting changes mentioned in this thread and turning off CEC (ARC) on my Samsung TV.  I do route everything through my AVR so I also disabled ARC functions on my BluRay player just in case that was a factor.  I have been thinking about turning CEC back on the Samsung just to see what happens.  Since this is primarily a "handshake" issue, the results will be interesting.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

Different things have worked for different people:  Firmware update for TV, changing low power modes at one end or the other, setting output resolution lower.   Some haven't found a solution.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Hang in there. Ours has been resolved, we assume permanently, for the last several weeks.  We had gone through all the hoops of tech visit, new boxes, new cables, changing our TV settings, rearranging cables, etc and it still happened. It started for us at the end of Sept with a the new X1 box with a new TV (purchased in July).  Our old box never did this, but it had some sort of hardware issue that not fixable and we were told to get an updated box.

All of the sudden a few weeks ago, the box started coming without us having to unplug it first and has it been working properly ever since.  We attributed it to the firmware update being that we had not done anyting differently.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

Have you tried unplugging and reconnecting the HDMI cable?  Or possibly switching the TV input to a different HDMI port and back?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Still happening for me!!!! Ugh so annoying. Its ever since installed new box downstairs; box in bedroom every single time I have to unplug it and wait and wait and wait for it all to connect me to my entertaining experience. By then entertainment is over!!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Yes

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

If re-connecting the HDMI cable doesn't fix it, it is probably not the handshake issue that others are seeing.  You may have some problem with your signal levels or need to swap the box.

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

5 years ago

As previously indicated,  occasionally i could just unplug and replug the hdmi cable and it would reconnect, but mostly it required a reboot of box.  However, since the last firmware update and leaving the box power saver off it has not failed to connect in several months.  Always keeping my fingers crossed!  So whether is was always a handshake issue or a xfinity box problem or intermittent combination,   I may never know for sure

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I figured I need new box but don't have hour and half to wait at the store either.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Yup I tried that too
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here