Arth's profile

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

Re: X1 TV Box--Sporadic "NO SIGNAL" Message

I have been experiencing sporadic no signal message when turning on tv from being off.  The tv input is correct.  The xfinity tv signal returns after refresh or reboot of x1 box.  xfinity technical support on phone just did refresh and said no problem.  Any suggestions for a more permanent fix.  I can replace coax to box and hdmi from box to tv  or replace box.  My small external box in bedroom works during the signal loss at main box and anyroom dvr continues to work.  Any thoughts?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to be added to this notification list. I have been having the same problem for years and am on my 4th box with the same issue. It seems to be happening more frequently. Very frustrating. Please advise.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Have you tried the things I posted in my 7-25 post? Since I turned those things off I have not encountered the no signal issue.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, and no joy!

Contributor

• 

271 Messages

5 years ago

Been having this same problem, but with a non-DVR box (XG2v2). Tried multiple HDMI cables, including one certified by HDMI Licensing, same issue with all of them.

Best solution is to keep the box on 24/7, by not using the Power Saver mode.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing here.  We're having to unplug the box and let it reboot to get a signal nearly every morning or if the TV is turned off for an extended period during the day.  This started last week after I turned in our old box (Pace XG1) and were given the new X1 box - Arris XG1.  

We even had a tech come out and check our signal strength, etc.  He did find some static on the line but fixed.  It wasn't until I started digging around on the forum that I found this and other posts that described exactly what is happening.  Apparently the techs and CS is not aware because they ran us through the ringer trying to figure out what was going on.

This is apparently a known issue, an issue that's been around for over a year.  This is a comment from the discussion from several months ago: "this is a current firmware issue for the xg1v4 hd/4K dvr. no estimated time of fix."  When will this be resolved? We're getting sick of it, especially paying over $200 a month for internet and cable.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Our new box stays on 24/7 and the power save us off. There actually isn't an external power button on it. The only thing I can do is unplug for 10 seconds and let the box cycle back on. Then it's fine ... until the TV is turned off for a considerable amount of time and/or overnight.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

I haven't had the "no signal" issue in almost 2 months since making sure all power save functions are off and also disabled CEC on the Samsung TV.  But just started up with a new problem with being stuck on "Welcome" screen when turning on TV in the morning.  Powering off and back on fixes the problem.  This looks to be a totally separate problem from "no signal" and I read that using the "A" triangle button on the remote to do a restart will work as well - have to try that next time (tomorrow?).  I'm thinking since the TV sees something from the X1 box then it isn't a handshake issue.

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

5 years ago

Actually, the powersave setting on should benefit the initiation of the hdmi handshake between the dvr box and your tv since the TV turns on first and then the box starts.  But not always it seems!

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

5 years ago

If you can see output from the dvr, you are correct it wouldn't be the hdmi handshake issue.   My handshake issues are few and far between now.  Not sure why, I keep powersave on and I make sure I do firmware updates when available.  Since I have troubleshooted all of the other wiring , and setting issues,  I believe the only choice is to wait for Xfinitiy to perfect their dvr box and firmware to avoid the handshake issue.  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I found A solution for my version  of the problem. I have a 39" Vizio with 3 HDMI inputs. Problem became unresolvable this morning. Switched the TV to HDMI2 (was 1), started working. HDMI1 works fine on my BluRay.

Time will tell....

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I tried different HDMI slots as well.  What I figured out, if the box does not load immediately (just a black screen), I used to reboot the box and once it cycled through cable would come on.  I figured out, if I just unplug the HMDI cable from its existing location and and put it right back in, cable starts. It's a lot faster than cycling the box off and on.  This happened to me whether I was using HDMI 1, 2 or 3. 

And for the record, my X1 box is the latest and greatest version 2 weeks ago. I upgraded my old box due to glitches with the wallpaper sporadically coming on. My tv is new as of July 2019. I have switched out HDMI cables as well. I never had this problem ... not until I go the new X1 box. I've had a tech here, talked to CS twice, and also talked to advanced tech support. Not until I found this forum did I find out that this is a widespread problem and has been for well over a year.  Very frustrating.  Nine times out of ten in the mornings I have to unplug my HDMI cable and/or reboot my box to watch tv on this particular tv.  The small boxes in my bedrooms are fine. Never an issue.

Contributor

• 

271 Messages

5 years ago

In my case, what seems to be happening is that the TV powers on first, before the box (coming out of power saver mode) and when it sees no signal coming from the box, it reports "no signal". Apparently, it isn't waiting very long for a signal (fraction of a second?), before reporting the lack of a signal.

I have resolved this, by keeping the box on 24/7. The TV (an LG 23") only has one HDMI port. 

The only other obvious solution would be to manually turn the box on via its power switch, first, then the TV. 

If the signal is coming from the box hits the TV before the TV comes on, then it's fine.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the same issue since 4 months now and nobody from Comcast is able to resolve the issue other than just suggesting to reboot or reset the cable box. I have changed cable box, hdmi cables and checked all connections but the issue still persists and only when I watch Xfinity channels

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I have been experiencing this issue, out of the blue, since early this year - with a box that had been working fine for over a year.  Same symptoms as everyone else - only the 'main' box, cable box nevery powered down, turn on TV in the morning, fine for few minutes then 'no signal', sometimes it comes back by itself, other times I have to re-boot the box to correct.   I'm now on my second 'new' box and it's still happening.  Comcast 'customer service' has quite a LARGE WINDOW FOR IMPROVEMENT!   It's ridiculous that their customers can only find the issue - kown issue and possible solutions - on this forum.   Every rep that interacts with their customers (store, phone, etc.) should be aware of it and provide some possible resolutions.   Where does the $$$$$ we pay every month go?  Certainly NOT into customer service.  This forum has provided me with some real insights regarding the HDMI handshake and settings.  I've turned off HDMI-CEC and will let you know the results.    

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

SO, I reply and get a 'canned response' from an 'employee'.  No way to run a company. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here