Sujay's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 5th, 2020 10:00 PM

Closed

Re: QVC overriding other channels???

I am having the same issue.   I reported the issues a few months ago and they sent out a tech to my house and they decided to swap out my cable box.   Everything worked ok for a while and now the problem has returned.    When i flip channels, QVC2 will appear.   Sometimes without doing anything, the tv will switch to QVC2.   I really want to end my service.   

@njeyedok wrote:

I have been getting the same thing for a couple of months or more.  Not all of the time.  But you change the channel and qvc2 or qvc3 (not sure which) comes up instead of the channel you are trying to go to.  You have to change the channel manually to get rid of it.  Very annoying.  It must be an xfinity thing since I seem to see others have the same issue.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Me too, been going on now for over 8 months, ultra annoying. I've tried online tech support, and actually was escalated to a higher level of tech, and still no resolution.  I've always been told that this is the 1st reported instance of this nature, but obviously I not the only one. This started for me, when the new (additional) QVC station was added in my area (Denver). In addition, when I select Xfinity  to access, for instance Netflix or Prime, QVC become the back ground audio until the app kicks in. I've had QVC 'takeover' either when I make a channel change, or out of the blue just start playing. If I press Info it provides the info for the station I wanted to be viewing- it really getting to be a pain!

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Are you folks still having problems with this? We are in the West Division, I made a call back to Philly to execs I know, he inturn intro' did me to someone back in Denver who said he'd look into it. I've noticed that the issue is significantly reduced to virtually zero. Slight audio take over, but nothing screen oriented like before. 
how about you guys?

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

ITS BACK !!

is anyone from Comcast monitoring this topic? Please advise with some sort or resolution time line!

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Seems to be resolved by the guys in the West Division. Hopefully never to return!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I've  had this issue w/ QVC overriding channels for 2 years now. Multiple techs have been to my apartment and have had 3 boxes switched. Comcast customer service doesn't seem to understand the problem and have stated a few times that they have NEVER heard of this issue. They stated also that this issue couldn't be happening cause everything looks "fine" on their end.  They flat out said that I was lying to them.  They are unwilling at this time to say "it's their problem" until apartment management rules out faulty wiring in the building.  Funny thing is I'm the only tenant with the problem. Everyone else is fine.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem but its HSN. Maybe  it’s programmed that way?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello there @user_21e3c! If you need help with HSN, our team can help. To get started, please create your own public post without your account information. Please provide as many details about your experience as possible. Doing so will auto-open a ticket in our system, and we can assist you in the order your request is received.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here