Smitty1983's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 2nd, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

RDK-03117

I have X1 with 3 TVs. One of the small set top boxes rarely works. It almost always says RDK-03117. Support’s “fix” is to send a reset which never works. Gas anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Swap locations of the smaller boxes and see if the error follows the box or not

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same issue constantly, but only have one box. I've tried restarting, swapping cables, even plugged the box into the Ethernet instead of using WiFi. Nothing works and customer support hasn't been able to help.
The only info I can find on the error message is this post. Why bother having specific error codes if they don't lead anywhere?
I'm about to get another streaming box that actually works and has more apps.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue and have not been able to watch TV for about 2 weeks now. I have 2 small boxes and it's doing the same thing on both. Then when the error code isn't showing up, I am not able to change channels so I'm stuck watching whatever channel is on at that time.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@NFRANCIS wrote:

I am having the same issue and have not been able to watch TV for about 2 weeks now. I have 2 small boxes and it's doing the same thing on both. Then when the error code isn't showing up, I am not able to change channels so I'm stuck watching whatever channel is on at that time.

don't recognize the number. what model number is shown on the bottom of the set top boxes? what is the error message displayed with that error code? do you have X1 set top boxes  and Xfinity internet service?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m having the same problem. There is extreme pixilation at times on the one channel we can get making it unwatchable. I have found unplugging the box and waiting a bit to plug it back in allows us to change the channel but then we’re locked in to watching that channel until the pixelation starts again.
I’m figuring that it’s cuz it’s a wireless box it’s having trouble connecting to the house wifi but truly I don’t know. I do knn no ow that I want credit on my statement for an unusable connection!!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Yes. 7-8 calls later, a few chat sessions, several resets, and three shipments of the wrong boxes when I tell them I want the original boxes I had when I ordered the DIY. Tech came out and replaced them when he had to hook us up (there was never anything here but satellite - the tech had no reason to switch out the boxes in the first place) but same code a million times - and it doesn’t seem like I exaggerating either! How can they not know how to fix this if there’s a code and how can they not fix it when it’s the. ONLY code there is with ALL my errors. I applied for a job there, should have hired me because I wouldn’t have passed any customer up until they’re happy!!!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Had same issue. I contacted customer service, they reset my gateway and had me unplug the box with the issue for 30 seconds then plug back in. Worked after doing that.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This code denotes a MOCA issue. It’s the internal network that allows the smaller boxes to use tuners from the modem/Larger boxes. I’ve been finding that it happens most often on wireless boxes, and restarting might fix it temporarily, but the main issue seems to be MOCA being turned off on the modem. The newer models (the white ones) especially have an issue keeping MOCA on. If you call in, ask if your MOCA network is turned on. You can also find out yourself by accessing the admin options of the modem (while connected, open a browser and type 10.0.0.1 into the url bar. Default username is “admin” and default password is “password”. Sometimes the password is the default password printed on the bottom/back of the box.). In the admin menu, open “Connections” and then “MOCA”. It will show you whether it’s on or not.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here