rhogan308's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

RDK-03033

I've been away from Xfinity services for 4 or 5 years and with a competitor. Now that I have been back as a customer for a week or so, I realized why I left in the first place. And the issue hasn't changed --- "RDK-03033 - Unable to connect to Xfinity TV". I remember they sent a technician to troubleshoot and he reconfigured the cable connections in the basement. But the problem still existed. It is going to be a long 2 years of commitment to a contract, depending on how frustrating and frequent this code pops up on my screen. Every time it's a 5 minute process of rebooting the TV box. Too many of these and I will have no problem paying the disconnection penalty and going back to their competitor where I never had an issue with the TV Box. Plus I had fiber optic internet that was blazing fast. Missing the non interrupted service and fast internet already.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

That's probably a cable/signal level issue.  Have you had a tech out or at least called to have them check your levels?   The X1 boxes are pickier about connections than other systems .  If you have a lot of splitters in the house you might need a powered amp.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

What boxes do you have? Did you replace splitters when you changed companies? Example you can’t use direct tv splitters with Comcast or vice versa. Anything could’ve happened to your cable in 3 or 4 years

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Xfinity tech came out and replaced cables from the street box to the house and a new splitter when we signed up for service. The previous service was AT&T fiber. They didn't use any of the comcast infrastructure for their service.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Tech came out and set up our services. They've known there is a signal issue at the street level because we are near the end of the run. That was part of the problem when we had Xfinity previously. I've obviously made a bad assumption that they've done something to increase the signal during those years with another provider.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here