bdpiper's profile

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Thursday, May 7th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

RDK-03033 Errors

About a week ago, we started getting three or four cable box crashes a day. The video just locks up and the cable box needs to be restarted. The "My Account" app still thinks everything is fine and there are no outages. I've checked the connections and they are all tight. At this point not sure what to do next. To recap, we did the following:

1. Check connections
  2. Restarted cable box
  3. Uplugged cable box for 30 seconds and repowered

Although each time the box restarts, it is still crashing 3 to 4 times a day. Any ideas would be appreciated

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the answer.   I will watch for the firmware update.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Have physically powered off box, resets did not work on main box.  No change to anything and cannot get beyond annoying chat

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have been able to get to Netflix and start watching shows,  After 10 to 20 minjutes I get an error on the screen and Netflix freezes servcie and TV.  Only out is complete power down.  Restting Netflix doesn't seem to help either.  Also, have troed reset of main box and restafrt of entire system, works everywhere except the main box.  It will not accept commands form your website.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks, fingers crossed!

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

This was the week that the fix was to be released, I’m waiting until Friday to see if the problem gets resolved

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Hi,
We had received the RDK-03033 error for a while. We even experienced shows being interrupted.
They kept telling us it was interference with the signal coming to the box.
We have 3 other tv's with just Roku and experience no issues.

I finally had Xfinity send a new box after a ton of refreshes and unplugging unit did not resolve anything.

We finally received our replaced 4k DVR box.
The remote wouldn't pair and we were told, again, there was ann issue with the signal going to the box.
HOW, when 5 minutes prior, I was using another box, albeit it is an XGv3 box.

How are there signal errors only on the 4k box? We are using the HDMI cables that came with the 4k box along with a Samsung TV & BOSE sound bar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

here it is 5/18/2020 I am having this issue at least once a day! lasts from 15 min to several hours 

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

So far, we haven't had any issues since late last week... Fingers still crossed!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I do not know where you did the system update to resolve the issue but it did not work in my area. I've had this issue for over 2 years. I've had every box in my house replaced more than once. As another customer said, one tech comes out and doers something. Then the next tech comes out and says "Oh that's not right" and undoes it. Last year, we had 4 tech vans here at once. It started again about 3 weeks ago, Today alone it has gone out 7 times. In the last two weeks, I've had 2 techs but noone comes inside because of Covid (Which I understand) 

Just being home with nothing to do and now no cable is nuts. Not to mention my 4 year old Autistic child NEEDS his ipad. He can't do what he wants without his internet. 

We have yet another tech coming out tomorrow. It has not been fixed yet!!  Fingers crossed

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This change did not make a difference in our services.  I have been in contact with the customer service department for the past week with no resolution.  I am always told that I need to reboot.  I have told them about the error, and they seemed confused as to what the error code means.  I don't understand how the customer service representatives can't be aware of this issue and why they don't  know a fix to tell the customers.  Rebooting every hour is unreasonable.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been having this same issue with my tv boxes as well. It started 2 years ago on hot days. All other days are fine. Just last week, I upgraded my tv top box, I was able to activated 2 of my boxes but unable to activate the 3rd one. I was on the phone for couple of hours each time for 3 different days with no success. However, I gave up trying to activate the 3rd box.
I have been unable to watch TV for the past couple of weeks, every day starting at about 10am and some days it will last until about 10pm (I guess that's when it cools down). Some days, it affects my cable modem as well. Cutting out my internet. Anyone know if there is any thing that can be added to the cable line to help correct this issue? Frustrating:(

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I’m having the same problems. Update clearly didn’t work.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been on with Tech support multiple times and all they do is say reboot.  I am sick and tired of rebooting my X1 box. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi

Wanted to know what is being done about the RDK-03033 code that is still happening a month later? It is annoying and customers should not be dealing with it this long for what they pay.  One rep tells me it is being worked on and when I call again they send tech and replace my cables and work on main line and say should be good and it is not fixed. Then call again and I am told it is my box they will send me another. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is this a firmware issue? should a update fix it?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here