Community Forum

Pair Iphone to Xfinity

Highlighted
New Poster

Pair Iphone to Xfinity

I am trying to pair my Iphone to my xfinity.  When I get to the pairing screen on my tv it says to enter a number.  When I go to the help that tells me to go through the X1 Photos app.  Can anyone help me?  

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Pair Iphone to Xfinity

@gpjessee wrote:

I am trying to pair my Iphone to my xfinity.  When I get to the pairing screen on my tv it says to enter a number.  When I go to the help that tells me to go through the X1 Photos app.  Can anyone help me?  

I'm not sure what you're expecting to do here. The Pair process allows your to sync your photos to your X1 device to use as screen savers or slideshows. You need the X1 Photos App to do this. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@darkangelic wrote:

@gpjessee wrote:

the x1 photos app was retired. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

@darkangelic wrote:

@gpjessee wrote:

the x1 photos app was retired. 

The Easy Pair function is still on the Apps section of the X1 Box, and even if you have it installed on your device, it won't allow you to validate your device with the X1 box because the validation link goes nowhere.