Community Forum

Noisy DVR

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Noisy DVR

We recently upgraded to a new level of service. With this came a set-top box with DVR, labeled XGP-1 on the front and PX013ANM on the bottom.

This is unbearably noisy. It produces a tone that can be heard clear across the room. Not usable by us. There is some kind of moving part. A fan? hard disk?

I have asked Comcast for a replacement. Is it likely to be better? Anything else I should ask?

THANKS

Mike
Portland, OR
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Noisy DVR

@Mikw-48 wrote:

We recently upgraded to a new level of service. With this came a set-top box with DVR, labeled XGP-1 on the front and PX013ANM on the bottom.

This is unbearably noisy. It produces a tone that can be heard clear across the room. Not usable by us. There is some kind of moving part. A fan? hard disk?

I have asked Comcast for a replacement. Is it likely to be better? Anything else I should ask?

THANKS

the latest DVR xg1v4 has a solid state drive (no spinning disk) and is noise free (I have 4 of them).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you, @Rustyben !

Is there a way I can recognize it at the Comcast office? Does it say "V4" somewhere on it?

P.S. After asking, I found photos on the Web. I'll take one with me to the office.  M.

Mike
Portland, OR
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks again, @Rustyben ! I installed the new box this morning. The silence is wonderful!

Mike
Portland, OR
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, Mikw-48. So glad you're happier with the new box! Thanks for reporting back. 🙂

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!