Community Forum

No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

Up until just recently I have been able to select Xfinity on Demand (with the genuine menu that includes news, sports, movies, networks, etc., as tabs at the top of the menu screen) using my original LG smart-tv (2017 model) remote by selecting XDM1 from the Guide menu.  Now when I select that channel I am receiving a totally different menu that says "Xfinity Presents", along with a random number of unrelated selections.  My call into a Comcast rep was useless as she did not seem to know what "Xfinity Presents" means.  She did note that there were some channel "revisions" made at Comcast back on/about April 28th, 2020.  Another channel (#199) also indicates XDM, however, it gets the same generic menu, and not the original Xfinity on Demand menu.  How can I access the original XDM menu from that remote?  Am I now required to use the Comcast remote for XDM?  I also tried re-setting the box, to no avail?  Please help?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control


@richard_grenier wrote:

Up until just recently I have been able to select Xfinity on Demand (with the genuine menu that includes news, sports, movies, networks, etc., as tabs at the top of the menu screen) using my original LG smart-tv (2017 model) remote by selecting XDM1 from the Guide menu.  Now when I select that channel I am receiving a totally different menu that says "Xfinity Presents", along with a random number of unrelated selections.  My call into a Comcast rep was useless as she did not seem to know what "Xfinity Presents" means.  She did note that there were some channel "revisions" made at Comcast back on/about April 28th, 2020.  Another channel (#199) also indicates XDM, however, it gets the same generic menu, and not the original Xfinity on Demand menu.  How can I access the original XDM menu from that remote?  Am I now required to use the Comcast remote for XDM?  I also tried re-setting the box, to no avail?  Please help?


It sounds like you're accessing an Xfinity app installed on your LG Smart TV.  If so, possibly the app has been updated and changed.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

>> It sounds like you're accessing an Xfinity app installed on your LG Smart TV.  If so, possibly the app has been updated and changed.

Joe V
Thank you Joe. No - this is not an app.  The "Guide" selection contains the XDM1 selection, which is normally reserved for Xfinity on Demand.  Available apps are U-tube, Slacker, Sling, Netflix, Prime Video, etc.., but not Xfinity on Demand.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

What model LG TV do you have?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

2017 OLED 65 E7P

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

Ok, so you're using the LG Magic Remote to control your TV Box and TV.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

Yes Joe  -  that remote only, at least up until now.  My fear is that I may need to "relearn" the whole TV channel/selection/control universe with a 2nd remote (Comcast), while still (possibly) needing the LG remote for other TV stuff, and only because the Xfinity-on-Demand menu is now no longer available.  How could Comcast do this ?

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

@richard_grenier 

 

We sincerely apologize for the confusion you have experienced. Multiple channel slots on the guide were labeled “Xfinity on Demand”, “Starz On Demand” or “HBO On Demand”. On April 28, 2020, we re-branded several of these channel slots as xfinity presents. These new virtual channels will feature a mix of TV shows and movies from various programmers.

 

The virtual channels will enable us to further deliver the best content experience to our customers. It allows us to place popular original series from over-the-top providers such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and Peacock into the channel guide.

Note: X1 customers will have to sign up for Netflix, Hulu and Amazon if they wish to view that content (and don’t already have login credentials). Also, not all content (especially content from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and Peacock) will be available to non-X1 customers.

 

To get the most out of your Xfinity X1 experience, we recommend using the Xfinity remote provided to you when you had your X1 equipment installed. With the X1 remote, press the xfinity button on your remote and then choose On Demand. You can also use your Voice Remote and say things like “HBO On Demand” or type in “HBO” using your remote and select HBO channel collection.

 

If you are choosing to not use the provided X1 remote you can access the Xfinity OnDemand menu by navigating to Xfinity Presents. Directly below Xfinity Presents button you will notice a tile for Xfinity OnDemand, if you click on that it will take you directly to the main Xfinity OnDemand menu.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

Thank you, ComcastJessie.

 

I did try to find the XDM icon you mentioned at the bottom of your reply (said to be just below the Xfinity Presents text in the upper left hand corner).  I am not seeing it, however.  There is only the Xfinity Presents text (left), and the time and temperature in the upper right hand corner.  Then the content selections (large icons) below. I can send you a snapshot of the image I see if you wish.  What am I missing ?

 

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control


@richard_grenier wrote:

Thank you, ComcastJessie.

 

I did try to find the XDM icon you mentioned at the bottom of your reply (said to be just below the Xfinity Presents text in the upper left hand corner).  I am not seeing it, however.  There is only the Xfinity Presents text (left), and the time and temperature in the upper right hand corner.  Then the content selections (large icons) below. I can send you a snapshot of the image I see if you wish.  What am I missing ?

 


Snapshot would be helpful for others trying to replicate/verify your issue.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

Ahh.... but wait Comcast Jessie !  I did click on the very bottom (Comcast Watchathon) and now I do see just 4 selections at the top:  TV, Movies, Kids, Networks.  But this is by no means the usual complete list of items normally found (e.g., News, Music, Search, etc, and "On Demand" options), and I suspect the Watchathon selection is temporary.  More to the point, I am already subscribed to HBO, Showtime, Streampix, and others.  So - as before, getting the "genuine article" XDM menu would be much preferred.  The selection I miss the most is actually "Networks", as there I could select down through a hierarchy that was intuitive (e.g., Showtime/Homeland/episodes...).

 

To be fair to Comcast, I will try to use the Comcast remote control to see if this may be a better experience.  Thank you !

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

20200512_090139_resized.jpg

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

Trying to bring an image in....20200512_090139_resized.jpg

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control

Images need to be approved by admins

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control


@CCAndrew wrote:
Images need to be approved by admins

Not ALL images require approval.  Maybe the first one you post has to be authorized or your profile updated to allow posting images.  After that, inserting images appear to be automatically accepted.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: No longer getting real Xfinity on Demand menu with LG remote control


@jav6joev wrote:


Not ALL images require approval.  Maybe the first one you post has to be authorized or your profile updated to allow posting images.  After that, inserting images appear to be automatically accepted.

I'm not at liberty, but I can tell you that it's more than one post (and certain other forum actions combined) before they are "automatically accepted'.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!