kruegerklan's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 13th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

New service

Switched from DISH to Xfinity, self installed , internet up and running, main DVR box only has a white light that blinks, the box never comes on line, no TV....had a tech come to the house this morning, exchanged for a new box, same result! signal and cables are good as I have the internet, and of course the tech can't come in the house so what the heck....what's the chance 2 new boxes are bad?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Are all your cables disconnected from the DIsh line? Any onscreen error messages?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Since your modem is working can you temporarily hook it up at that spot just to see if it will activate. Did it ever have an onscreen message?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

yes, even the tech that dropped off the "new box" said he can't figure out why the box would not come on line, they tried to ping it from their office and can't get to it to respond. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Can you bypass that splitter behind the tv and go right to the cable box? Are you going right to the tv or through a receiver? You should at least see a welcome screen

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm the one that's having the issues actually, my father in law was reaching out for me. My modem is directly behind my TV with a splitter. Modem works TV box doesn't. No messages or anything comes up on the TV the light just keeps blinking white. 

I saw your previous answer about the dish boxes. Last night I had the line from outside directly into the TV box so my Dish boxes shouldn't have been an issue. Today the tech had me put a splitter in the basement so my Dish boxes are still on lines. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I tried that yesterday and today and nothing still. Just got off the phone not to long ago with them and we are all thinking it's another bad box. Will find out in a little bit if that's the case. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s odd that you don’t even see anything on the tv screen.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here