Mgodsoe's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Monday, December 30th, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

New TV, New Bose Soundbar, now audio lags the video

Hello, I have searched and read many posts, but not seen any resolution.  I have a new Samsung 65" Q70 something TV, and a Bose Soundbar 700, and Xfinity X1 service.  I have found many ways to slow the audio down (insert audio delay) on both the TV and the Soundbar.  But this is not my problem.  My problem is my audio is already lagging my video.  So I need a way to either speed up the audio, or slow down the video.  Does the Xfinity have a secret setting that can help here?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Mgodsoe wrote:

Hello, I have searched and read many posts, but not seen any resolution.  I have a new Samsung 65" Q70 something TV, and a Bose Soundbar 700, and Xfinity X1 service.  I have found many ways to slow the audio down (insert audio delay) on both the TV and the Soundbar.  But this is not my problem.  My problem is my audio is already lagging my video.  So I need a way to either speed up the audio, or slow down the video.  Does the Xfinity have a secret setting that can help here?

hi, the sink (TV) has the control. using the TV's remote go into the audio menu and find the setting for lip-sync. it is remembered 'by device' by the sink (stored in memory). It is always better to do this on a major network (soap opera/news) where you can clearly see lips sduirng speech. 

Contributor

• 

410 Messages

4 years ago

How is your sound bar connected to the cable box? If you run the cable box to the TV and then the TV -ARC out to the sound bar you will get a delay in the audio. Try connecting the cable box to sound bar and sound bar out to TV. The delay should be significantly less.

Contributor

• 

410 Messages

4 years ago

If the AUDIO is behind the VIDEO, what is adjusting the TV going to do to?  

You'd need to advance the audio, or slow the video, something I don't believe any television setting can compensate for.

Pure Physics - you can't get the audio out faster if it hasn't happened yet.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@LeeSoFL wrote:

If the AUDIO is behind the VIDEO, what is adjusting the TV going to do to?  

You'd need to advance the audio, or slow the video, something I don't believe any television setting can compensate for.

Pure Physics - you can't get the audio out faster if it hasn't happened yet.

this is digital TV ATSC. the audio and video are in two different streams in the mpeg2/4 program. when you adjust the lipsync the TV delays either to match what you set. this is usually necessary when the audio path is via blue tooth causing an audio delay.  the audio has timing signals in the stream that the TV uses to keep pace with the video stream.

Contributor

• 

410 Messages

4 years ago

That adjustment is not available when connecting a Comcast cable box to a TV via HDMI cable.  So how is that going to help Mgodsoe get his soundbar and digital cable box to be in sync?  That poster never replied as to how it's connected, but if you terminate all your devices at the TV and then ARC the audio to a soundbar, you're adding an additional step to the audio timing. 

Connecting all the sources to the soundbar and then running ARC from the soundbar to the TV will ELIMINATE the delay.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@LeeSoFL wrote:

That adjustment is not available when connecting a Comcast cable box to a TV via HDMI cable.  So how is that going to help Mgodsoe get his soundbar and digital cable box to be in sync?  That poster never replied as to how it's connected, but if you terminate all your devices at the TV and then ARC the audio to a soundbar, you're adding an additional step to the audio timing. 

Connecting all the sources to the soundbar and then running ARC from the soundbar to the TV will ELIMINATE the delay.

the lipsync adjustment 'is' on the TVs audio menu. the 'sink' (TV) of an mpeg2/4 stream has the adjustment.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

My equipment is connect like this: Xfinity x1 is connected to the TV via HDMI. the TV is connected to the Bose soundbar 700 via HDMI-ARC. The streaming apps synch fine (within the adjustability of the sound bar) but broadcast tv is never spot on. I have also tried audio via optical direct from the X1 box... This works perfectly... Except I lose all streaming access from the smart TV (no audio).

For a sound system that cost more than my tv, I expected more from Bose or Samsung here. ..

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I will give this a try!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here