Community Forum

Netflix on x 1

Highlighted
Contributor

Netflix on x 1

Is there a reason why Netflix on x1 sometimes stretches old shows out and other times it doesn’t?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Netflix on x 1


@DeadMystX wrote:
Is there a reason why Netflix on x1 sometimes stretches old shows out and other times it doesn’t?

depends on the producer of the video copy. might want to address that to netflix



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Netflix on x 1

That’s just the thing. I’ll use Star Trek deep space nine as an example. Sometimes on the x1 box it shows it in original format. Then it’ll show it stretched out.

When it showed stretched out I flipped to my Roku to see if it was doing it there and it wasn’t.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Netflix on x 1


@DeadMystX wrote:
That’s just the thing. I’ll use Star Trek deep space nine as an example. Sometimes on the x1 box it shows it in original format. Then it’ll show it stretched out.

When it showed stretched out I flipped to my Roku to see if it was doing it there and it wasn’t.

is your x1 set top box full screen zoom option turned on?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Netflix on x 1

Not that I know of. The thing is it switches back and forth without me making any preference changes.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Netflix on x 1

This is an issue with the xfinity-specific Netflix app. It has only started happening with all 4:3 shows I’ve tried. They work wel on all other devices and on other xfinity apps like prime video. My tv and x1 box are not set to stretch or zoom
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Netflix on x 1

NOTE: on a different thread, a Netflix support reply was that the Flex box's Netflix app does not support SD (4:3).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Netflix on x 1

This is maddening. It shows the lack of customer support with xfinity. So many topics on this issue and they don’t even address it. Instead a bot responds and or some rep in Asia blames Netflix
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Netflix on x 1


@Thetigre wrote:
This is maddening. It shows the lack of customer support with xfinity. So many topics on this issue and they don’t even address it. Instead a bot responds and or some rep in Asia blames Netflix

if you mean me, I'm a paying customer 11 miles from Texas border. we root for the cowboys.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!