Giants_Fan's profile

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

Saturday, June 30th, 2018 12:00 PM

Closed

Netflix Issue

In the last week I've encountered an issue with using Netflix through X1.  Whenever I try to play a TV show or movie the content would start for a second or two and then I get the following message and error code:  "We're having trouble playing this title right now.  Please try again later or select a different title" error code tvq-pm-100 (5.2.4).  Sometimes I don't even get the message.  The screen will freeze and then the STB will reboot by itself.

I've tried exiting and restarting the Netflix app and rebooting the STB multiple times ( even unplugging the STB ), but the issue persists.

I am able to play Netflix content on my TV through Chromecast and my blu-ray player app, just not using X1.

Anyone else having this issue?

7/7/18 Update:  Still having the same issues w/ X1.  Just finished doing the Button A reset and Netflix login and rebooted the STB and it's still giving me the same error message and/or freezing and rebooting on it's own.  Watched 3 hours of Netflix  content last night using my blu-ray player app and there were no issues.

8/1/18 Update:  Nothing new to report.  Still getting same error code after a few seconds of content.  Sometimes Netflix just freezes and after a couple of minutes the X1 box reboots.  This is occuring even after the UI update of the Netflix app.

8/3/18 Update:  Happy to report that the issue appears to have fixed itself.  Have been able to use the Netflix app on the X1 box for the last two days with no error code popping up or screen freezing or rebooting.  Here is hoping that the fix will hold.  Fingers crossed.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

6 years ago

Problem still here Portland Oregon.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I just did the reset last night and it’s still not working for me.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

6 years ago

Tried watching Netflix twice this morning (once for over 30min).  So far, it seems to be working.

EDIT UPDATE:  After about three days, and watching Netlifx several times,  the issue appears to be resolved for me.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I just did a reset. I checked this thread a few days ago for the solution. The reset Netflix option works but it only lasted a few days. I really don’t want to do this every week.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Within 2 hours of my Netflix reset my X1 box shut down and restarted while watching Netflix. I won’t use the X1 box for Netflix anymore until they resolve this issue.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Problem persists for me.  into 3rd week, with now question about sending a tech out.

Problem Solver

• 

538 Messages

6 years ago

@raymo2 wrote:

Problem persists for me.  into 3rd week, with now question about sending a tech out.

A tech can't resolve the issue as this appears to be software related because it's affecting multiple users. Waiting for an update from JoeTru.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

This is either a firmware issue on the user end or a server issue with Comcast and Netflix. No service tech is going to fix this.

Problem Solver

• 

538 Messages

6 years ago

The app just received the new UI update so I wonder if there were any bug fixes? Time to test it out.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

I watched an old episode of “Black Mirror” last night. On my first attempt, I got the “We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title...” message. I tried again and was able to watch the episode all the way through.

That’s progress, I guess, but the problem has not been completely solved. I’m hoping we hear soon from someone directly connected with Comcast with an official update.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Ah Comcast. $182.19/month for this torture. I have the same problem. 4 hours spent so far trying to resolve. No solution in sight. Comcast engineers working on it. I won’t hold my breath.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am so happy to have found this thread.  We started having this trouble about 2 weeks agao, but only with the DVR mainbox.  The other boxes work fine.  I have rebooted and reset everything possible and we can play Netflix through our Firestick, so it is not the TV.  Ironically, the person I talked to about the problem last week claimed that he had never heard of this problem.  I guess I didn't hear his little coughs at the end!  I am happy to know that I am not the only one with the problem. Now to wait for a solution.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I had reset Netflix at least 3 times, including one time while the comcast person was on the line and  it never worked.  I just reset it using the A button and it seems to be working--at least now. Maybe they just got it repaired? 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

before replying, please see @ComcastJoeTru's post by scrolling on this thread back to 7/18/2018. 
the standard fix for this per Netflix (https://help.netflix.com/en/node/59988) is to restart Netflix and to reboot the set top box. to do this, press the A button on the remote and run the reset Netflix option. when complete, reboot the set top box.

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Tried the Netflix solution in the past and it too did not fix the issue.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here