Sheenz28's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Friday, October 11th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

Neither remotes work with comcast

So I’m trying to setup my additional X1 box with the XR15 remote to a Samsung smart tv. Once I get to the select your language screen, the Samsung smart remote will not allow me to click anything to proceed. And I can’t seem to get the Xfinity remote to work either. I’ve tried resetting the remote and all kinds of things and can’t figure it out. Someone please help me out!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I can’t get the Xfinity remote to even work or pair. Never had this problem with any of my other tvs

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Don’t use your Samsung remote. Try resetting the box and just use the XR15

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

5 years ago

After you pair the remote to the xfinity box following the instructions here it should show on screen instructions for pairing with the connected TV for power/volume control.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks but this isn’t working for me. I can’t even get the codes to pop up on the tv to input anything. The remotes have new batteries too. It’s beyond frustrating.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks all, turns out they gave me a defected box and I now have a tech coming tomorrow to replace and set it up for me.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here