Kate408's profile

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Saturday, September 28th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Marking shows as unwatched and 24 hours later they go back to watched

I know how to mark shows as unwatched but within the past month or so the shows no longer stay “unwatched”.   Today I noticed that if I mark a show unwatched on one tv the other tv still shows it as watched.  I have gone to both TVs and have marked the shows as unwatched.  I hope it works because I have refreshed the boxes and have done a system reset.  Both of those options haven’t worked.  It’s not just one channel this is happening on.  Any other options to try?  Other people in the household are confused about where they are in a series but I’ve watched ahead of them.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

4 years ago

Katie... I’m beginning to think that there is no Comcast Chad. It’s just another corporate stall tactic to get us so frustrated that we’ll give up complaining and just accept the fact it’ll never get fixed and we’ll have to live with it until our contracts expire and then sign up with Verizon.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

123Mike, I think you are correct.  Fortunately, I am no longer tied to a contract.  When Comcast came to my home they acted like they cared, gave me phone numbers to call them to check the status of the problem.  I even have an email for one of them.  I have sent texts and emails and they won’t respond to those either.  I’m glad we have choices.  I plan to make my choice next week.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Kate. I agree with your decision to change. Unfortunately I don’t have any options. The townhome community I live in only offers Comcast. So I’m S.O.L. Big Brother wins again I guess.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

4 years ago

Ok so he’s real. If he’s genuinely working on this problem I think we should be getting regular updates like I saw on the link you sent out. This silly issue has blown up to being a full fledged serious problem.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

It's getting worse... It can take 3 or 4 attempts to mark something unwatched only to revert back to watched within a few hours. Also, with Comcast's issues with Starz and replacing cinemax with an inferior offering it's time to explore other options.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm in Houston, and I'm having this problem. I have an X1 box

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having this problem in the Houston market using an X1 box

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

I have been told it was a nationwide problem.  

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

It’s understandable that it is a national issue, but come on how long does it take to fix. how about prioritizing this issue and fixing it. Go back to September and reset the program. Not rocket science!!! How about crediting everyone’s account for the inconvenience

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

4 years ago

Have also been told this is a nationwide issue when we spoke to someone in advanced tech (or whatever) this weekend. 

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

4 years ago

That’s good to know that the Houston area is free from this “bug”. What Comcast should do then is quite simply download the Houston configuration into all the other platforms in the country. Nuff said?!

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

4 years ago

Then Houston must be the good son. Lol............

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

This problem is not by-market.  It is national.  It is happening to some, but not all, in Houston.  And in (fill in your city here).  Confirmed by user posts and an official Comcast Employee on this thread and via telephone.  Hopefully they figure out which X1 hardware/software combination is affected soon, and deploy a patch.  

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

4 years ago

All I can say is call call call!
Comcast HQ phone number is 1(215) 286-1700....... really!

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

4 years ago

100% listen to @123mike and call. Because while this is a national issue...only 39 people have called in and have open tickets for it.

You're not getting national priority on a problem 39 people have taken the time to complain about. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here