Kate408's profile

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Saturday, September 28th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Marking shows as unwatched and 24 hours later they go back to watched

I know how to mark shows as unwatched but within the past month or so the shows no longer stay “unwatched”.   Today I noticed that if I mark a show unwatched on one tv the other tv still shows it as watched.  I have gone to both TVs and have marked the shows as unwatched.  I hope it works because I have refreshed the boxes and have done a system reset.  Both of those options haven’t worked.  It’s not just one channel this is happening on.  Any other options to try?  Other people in the household are confused about where they are in a series but I’ve watched ahead of them.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

router/modem is unrelated to tv service. Bad heating equipment is more likely to be the reason 🙂 Dont tell me that comcast guy now says it is your modem and router

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

4 years ago

Hi again. Look I have been a Comcast customer on and off since they started (can’t remember the year but it’s been like forever) and this is the first time I have experienced this problem.
The movies I watch on demand are all random, so to say it has something to do with a “show’s series” issue is just not true.
Something or someone updated the program software back a few months ago and created this problem.
As far as a regional or national issue goes I live in the northeast so it looks like a national problem to me. Just saying.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

I appreciate all your responses.  I didn’t think it was my modem and router but wanted to eliminate everything before Comcast comes this afternoon.  I live in California.  It’s interesting that they don’t acknowledge the problem.  I’ve been a Comcast customer for 10 years and haven’t experienced a problem like this.  I did not appreciate “advanced” technical support telling me I don’t understand how their system works and being condescending because I am a woman.

As was mentioned in a previous post we need more people calling to express this concern.  

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

The Comcast repairman just left.  Nice guy but as someone mentioned he was not able to help.  He said he had not heard of the problem but that he will post it on the “national” technical problem board.  

For those who who appreciate this feature please report the problem so they will give this proper attention.  Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

This fix is currently in testing . and we are sorry for the inconvenience.  This is a national issue and has nothing to do if you rent or own your modem.   We hope to have this resolved as quickly as possible.  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks, Comcast Chad. 

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

4 years ago

Hey Comcast Chad.... I’ll thank you when it’s fixed 😁.....

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

4 years ago

Mr. Comcast Tech, can you please share with us any updates relating to the resolution of this issue????

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

We're now having the same issue. We've not noticed it before today. We went to watch a show that we DVR daily and the 12/6/19 airing was not there. We went to ondemand  and found it but it shows we watching it which is impossible because we were in another state! 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

what is taking so long?  if comcast has known and trying to fix on 12/4, it should be fixed by now.   Seems like this should be a simple fix.   

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Look up the on click function in the code. It is exiting without actually toggling the value in underlying database and only changes label

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

Comcast Chad,

Do we have any update on this problem?  When can we expect this to be fixed?

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

4 years ago

This is now switching shows marked 'unwatched' to 'watched' not only upon the X1's daily update but every few hours as well.

How is this possibly taking so long to fix? 

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

ComcastChad,

Can you please share where Comcast is on this problem and when we can expect a fix...tomorrow, next week?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here