Community Forum

Low Volume on Recordings

Valued Contributor

Low Volume on Recordings

A few weeks ago the volume on my recordings when being watched from the satellite XiD box is really low. Normal channels are fine, but once you watch a recording the volume is lower.

For example, my TV on volume level 10 is fine on a live TV channel but when I watch a recording I need to double the volume to 20 to achieve the same volume as live TV.

This is a tunerless box connected directly to a Sony TV via HDMI with no sound bar. I am using TV speakers.

Any suggestions?

Tek
Expert

Re: Low Volume on Recordings

@Tek wrote:
A few weeks ago the volume on my recordings when being watched from the satellite XiD box is really low. Normal channels are fine, but once you watch a recording the volume is lower.

For example, my TV on volume level 10 is fine on a live TV channel but when I watch a recording I need to double the volume to 20 to achieve the same volume as live TV.

This is a tunerless box connected directly to a Sony TV via HDMI with no sound bar. I am using TV speakers.

Any suggestions?

next time you play back a recording that has the issue, press the OK button while playing. lower left corner shows DVR or cloud icon + DVR?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

No cloud icon. Streaming off the main box.

Tek
Valued Contributor

I noticed the same issue just today that the volume on the recordings have gotten very low.  Normal setting on the tv was set at 10 today I had to set it at 25 in order to hear it.  I noticed this on several shows that I had recorded .  This was not the case when I watched a recorder show yesterday.  something has changed.  BTW the recording was coming from the DVR not the cloud.

Valued Contributor

Update on this issue, as of this date the low volume on recorded show is no longer happening. I changed nothing on my end.  I hope that it was a one time problem but I have been testing it each day to see if I could pin point anything .