Bondnj's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 26th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Lost DVR recordings

our DVD recently deleted all my sons programs. he is autistic and enjoys those shows. we had plenty of space. we tried undelete but they no longer exist. it has only been 48 hours

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I just lost recordings as well. The DVR was less than 40% full, but I lost all my oldest recordings.

They were NOT set up to delete after 1 year. Many of them were 2+ years old, and like I said, storage was not the issue. Even tried restarting the box, but it was no use.

Looks like this is an ongoing issue that xfinity has, but has no plans or commitment to resolve. I’ve seen other message boards going back over a year ago. Possibly more out there.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@swimfree1023 wrote:
I just lost recordings as well. The DVR was less than 40% full, but I lost all my oldest recordings.

They were NOT set up to delete after 1 year. Many of them were 2+ years old, and like I said, storage was not the issue. Even tried restarting the box, but it was no use.

Looks like this is an ongoing issue that xfinity has, but has no plans or commitment to resolve. I’ve seen other message boards going back over a year ago. Possibly more out there.

Go to your DVR connected TV and play a recording that is at least a month older than when you noticed the problem. when it starts press the OK button on the remote. on the bottom left do you see "DVR" or a white cloud icon and 'DVR'? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

i see the white cloud icon and DVR

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@swimfree1023 wrote:

i see the white cloud icon and DVR

is that the set top box that is your DVR? do you have more than one set top box?

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @swimfree1023

I know how frustrating this can be. I wanted to follow up to see if you're still missing recordings? If so, I'd like to help by investigating. Please send me a private message with your full name, as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastChe, then click Send a message. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

In March of 2021, Comcast/ Xfinity deleted over 15 of my recordings. Some were special shows that I cannot get back again.  I've been told it was due to an error, and another rep told me it was due to a system purge. It appears they deleted anything that I had recorded over a year ago..... Even tho I have it set to "Save until space is needed" and my DVR has never been over 80%.  Now, I checked on 6/11/21 and they deleted my Laurel Canyon special recordings that I saved on 5/31/20.  All reps are aware of the error, but NO ONE has a solution.  This is very, very upsetting.

Official Employee

• 

973 Messages

Hi, @BabyBoomah! I am sorry for your experience with the recordings. We are happy to help with the DVR recordings. Since this is a 9-month-old thread, we ask for you to please create a new thread so we may assist there. Thank you!  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here