Community Forum

Losing any room service while having the x1 platform?

Regular Contributor

Losing any room service while having the x1 platform?

I got a brand new, never used DVR in April that solved all my recording issues on the X1 platform.

I was told today that the DVR I have is a "legacy box".  Some of you may have seen this at the bottom of your bill: 

 

"Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 20, 2019, AnyRoom DVR Service will
no longer be available for new subscriptions. If you currently have AnyRoom DVR
Service, you will continue to receive this service until you make a change or you
receive further notice."

 

In other discussions this has been dismissed as only applying to old legacy boxes, not the X1 platform. 

Since I am being told I have a legacy DVR but also have the X1 platform, how does this affect me? If I renew my contract at a different price, will I lose anyroom service?  If so, how do you watch recordings in different rooms? I thought anyroom service was the whole point of X1

Do non legacy DVRs only  make inferior cloud recordings?

Expert

Re: Losing any room service while having the x1 platform?


@tbill1 wrote:

I got a brand new, never used DVR in April that solved all my recording issues on the X1 platform.

I was told today that the DVR I have is a "legacy box".  Some of you may have seen this at the bottom of your bill: 

 

"Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 20, 2019, AnyRoom DVR Service will
no longer be available for new subscriptions. If you currently have AnyRoom DVR
Service, you will continue to receive this service until you make a change or you
receive further notice."

 

In other discussions this has been dismissed as only applying to old legacy boxes, not the X1 platform. 

Since I am being told I have a legacy DVR but also have the X1 platform, how does this affect me? If I renew my contract at a different price, will I lose anyroom service?  If so, how do you watch recordings in different rooms? I thought anyroom service was the whole point of X1

Do non legacy DVRs only  make inferior cloud recordings?


go to that set top box and voice command 'about' what is the rest of the line after "STB version" ?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Losing any room service while having the x1 platform?

You can’t watch recordings made on the legacy box on the X1 boxes or remotely through the cloud. Legacy and X1 are 2 separate platforms. There are no cloud recordings at all with Legacy boxes

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Losing any room service while having the x1 platform?

@Rustyben
The OP is referring to Legacy dvr, there’s no voice commands.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Losing any room service while having the x1 platform?


@Rustyben wrote:

@tbill1 wrote:

I got a brand new, never used DVR in April that solved all my recording issues on the X1 platform.

I was told today that the DVR I have is a "legacy box".  Some of you may have seen this at the bottom of your bill: 

 

"Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 20, 2019, AnyRoom DVR Service will
no longer be available for new subscriptions. If you currently have AnyRoom DVR
Service, you will continue to receive this service until you make a change or you
receive further notice."

 

In other discussions this has been dismissed as only applying to old legacy boxes, not the X1 platform. 

Since I am being told I have a legacy DVR but also have the X1 platform, how does this affect me? If I renew my contract at a different price, will I lose anyroom service?  If so, how do you watch recordings in different rooms? I thought anyroom service was the whole point of X1

Do non legacy DVRs only  make inferior cloud recordings?


go to that set top box and voice command 'about' what is the rest of the line after "STB version" ?


PX013AN_3.11p6s1_PROD_sey

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Losing any room service while having the x1 platform?

That’s not a legacy dvr, that’s a first generation X1 dvr ( it has component outputs).

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Losing any room service while having the x1 platform?

I have XRE-03121 errors on 14 channels. The Comcast Care rep I am working with identified my 

box as a legacy DVR and said swapping it out for a newer version would get rid of the errors.  I have voice command and only see cloud recordings if something goes wrong with my original recording-very rarely.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Losing any room service while having the x1 platform?

The agent is wrong, it’s not a Legacy dvr. The error code is common when making account changes. Legacy equipment is totally different
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XRE-03121/m-p/3001107#M140393

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Losing any room service while having the x1 platform?


@CCAndrew wrote:
The agent is wrong, it’s not a Legacy dvr. The error code is common when making account changes. Legacy equipment is totally different
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XRE-03121/m-p/3001107#M140393

I didn't make any account changes-all that happened was my MLB Extra innings package ended.  With all due respect, these error codes shouldn't be dismissed as "common"  The only 2 solutions being offered to me are switch out my new DVR ( which solved a years worth of previous recording problems) or buy an expensive sports package.  I'm not about to turn in my DVR and possibly have a whole new set of problems- and having to buy a sports package to solve Comcast' s error messages is little more than extortion.